Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Arcade Racing Legends Review! First footage of final version.

Post#141 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:58 pm

So far The mode with homebrew or streaming or cdda dont work.. so be nice to know if the game works at all on it.. I know Radquake and dreamneo cd dont work on the mode at all or cave story

megavolt85
Developer

Post#142 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:06 pm

option "read_limit = N" work only on original GDEMU with latest firmware

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#143 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:10 pm

megavolt85 wrote:option "read_limit = N" work only on original GDEMU with latest firmware

Thanks for leting us know that :) i was thinking that might be the case..

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#144 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:59 pm

I do have an original GDEMU on the latest firmware. Unfortunately I've tried multiple SD cards within the last few hours and they all give me the same errors. I warn anyone with a GDEMU to not put Arcade Racing Legends on it, for only after playing that game did my GDEMU become unusable. I even redid the firmware update on the unit, but no luck. Constantly freezing and rebooting on all games.

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#145 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:37 pm

Update. Turns out that my Dreamcast was freezing games and rebooting due to a a faulty power supply. Coincidentally it must have went bad during gameplay of Arcade Racing Legends. I serviced it and it's working fine now.
I input "read_limit = N" the the ini, and even though I don't plan on playing through the entire game again, the ai car's jitter is gone and I appear to be winning consistently just like I do while playing on disc.

qupe75
photon blast

Post#146 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:45 pm

livingonwheels wrote:Update. Turns out that my Dreamcast was freezing games and rebooting due to a a faulty power supply. Coincidentally it must have went bad during gameplay of Arcade Racing Legends. I serviced it and it's working fine now.
I input "read_limit = N" the the ini, and even though I don't plan on playing through the entire game again, the ai car's jitter is gone and I appear to be winning consistently just like I do while playing on disc.

Glad all sorted. It's a bit of a flat game isn't it? No real incentive to go back and beat a lap time or anything.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#147 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm

livingonwheels wrote:Update. Turns out that my Dreamcast was freezing games and rebooting due to a a faulty power supply. Coincidentally it must have went bad during gameplay of Arcade Racing Legends. I serviced it and it's working fine now.

Thats good to know you got it working:)

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#148 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:32 pm

I was watching the short video the Dreamcast Junkyard put up and just noticed how the CPU cars stay in exactly the same spot on the road the entire time. The Porsche-esque car in the video starts just right of the center yellow line and never moves left or right of that position.

livingonwheels
lithium

Post#149 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:36 pm

That's right, they never drive anywhere else but their programmed line. I've has my car actually stuck inside the ai's car because it refused to budge.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#150 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:53 pm

Ai yai yai.