Dreamcast katana files

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast katana files

Post#31 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:04 pm

Wow, what a great thing to wake up to find today! 2 unreleased games in 1 day!? WOAH! I was so hoping that the Quake 2 was a native port the devs were toying with haha, it literally works fine on my Windows 10 PC here in 2020. Dammit I was so hoping it would be for DC haha! Well maybe if you can recover some files from the HDD with recovery tools it could help see if there actually are some deleted files that can be recovered?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#32 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:07 pm

@megavolt Did you have a look at the other Simpsons-related folders? It looks like those might be playable as well.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

megavolt85
Developer

Post#33 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:21 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:@megavolt Did you have a look at the other Simpsons-related folders? It looks like those might be playable as well.

yes, I will need to create more images
I made the Take the Bullet v4.10 image by mistake

shano
lithium

Post#34 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#35 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:11 pm

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#36 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:28 pm

megavolt85 wrote:Take the Bullet v5

Awesome! Level 3 and 4 work in this build! So this is a newer version than what Tom from the Dreamcast Junkyard looked at a few years ago. In that one, neither of those levels would load. I'm guess that was v4 / 0.4.
PSO Characters:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#37 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:38 pm

One thing Tom said he tried that I don't see we have from the files is the Multiplayer build that was labeled E3. Would be interested in it too, but after 5 years not looking like that guy who told Tom he would release all those betas to the community really cared to. From what was supposed to happen was some guy (not sure of same one owned that build of Take The Bullet) was supposed to dump and share a handful of unreleased games with Tom to release to the community. None of that ever came to pass.

Do you remember exactly what all was going on with any of that pcwzrd13? I mean it was half a decade ago so I mean some things may be a bit fuzzy.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#38 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:46 pm

Anthony817 wrote:One thing Tom said he tried that I don't see we have from the files is the Multiplayer build that was labeled E3..

There's no separate build but the multiplayer deathmatch mode does work. :) Not much to it as far as I can tell though. Just one level.

Multi.png

Anthony817 wrote:Would be interested in it too, but after 5 years not looking like that guy who told Tom he would release all those betas to the community really cared to. From what was supposed to happen was some guy (not sure of same one owned that build of Take The Bullet) was supposed to dump and share a handful of unreleased games with Tom to release to the community. None of that ever came to pass.

Do you remember exactly what all was going on with any of that pcwzrd13? I mean it was half a decade ago so I mean some things may be a bit fuzzy.

No idea. I'm guessing Tom just lost contact with the guy.
PSO Characters:

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#39 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:53 pm

Ah cool from what somebody said in a gameplay video of the v4.10 beta the multiplayer mode was not selectable. I was just getting ready to try it out this afternoon.

Going by what Tom said here that E3 Multiplayer build must have predated v5.

While it is clearly very rough around the edges and has very little in the way of sound effects, voice acting or music, this early version of Take The Bullet was spread across several discs - one of which was the split-screen multiplayer death match (interestingly labelled as 'E3 Demo'). I managed to play this death match against an AI bot in single player but I recently had some pretty severe computer issues (basically a failed hard drive in my MacBook) and as such I lost all that footage.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#40 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:56 pm

There's an online mode in the menu as well. Sadly it doesn't do anything.
PSO Characters: