Hello! From long time lurker and DC fan!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Dreamtastic
lithium

Hello! From long time lurker and DC fan!

Post#1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 pm

Hello all and DC fans!

I've been frequenting this forum over the last 10 ish years ever since i got into the Dreamcast in 2010. I've been a video game collector my whole life but the Dreamcast has remain my favorite of them all. I have about 70 % of the American games and the other percent i have via back-ups and have many of the Europe and Japan exclusives as well. Wanted to make an account here to hopefully talk with other long time DC fans and even find some homebrews i never had the chance to play. I will be happy to answer any questions, thank you and hope you all have a good day! :)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Hello! From long time lurker and DC fan!

Post#2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:43 pm

Hello. Welcome back.

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:15 pm

dubcity wrote:Hello. Welcome back.

Thank you! Happy to be here! :)

gazy1
shadow

Post#4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:55 am

Welcome, sounds about the same as me, long time lurker in from the cold! also loving homebrew,
Enjoy!

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#5 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 pm

gazy1 wrote:Welcome, sounds about the same as me, long time lurker in from the cold! also loving homebrew,
Enjoy!

Thank you! Feels good to be on a dreamcast board after all of these years! Hope you enjoy your time as well! :)

What are some of your favorite Dreamcast games?

gazy1
shadow

Post#6 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:24 am

My Fav's would be Fighters - King of Fighters, Capcom etc, and drivers - Daytona, Rally's, Cart etc - anything I can get a quick fix from, nothing too complicated or drawn out!

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#7 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:55 pm

gazy1 wrote:My Fav's would be Fighters - King of Fighters, Capcom etc, and drivers - Daytona, Rally's, Cart etc - anything I can get a quick fix from, nothing too complicated or drawn out!

Awesome! Love Daytona and Cart to Cart as well! I love almost all kinds of genres so i will be willing to play anything. So my favorites are a mix of everything. For JRPGS: Skies of Arcadia, Grandia 2, EGG, and one of my favorite games of all time Shenmue 1 and 2 (Although not really a RPG). Arcade wise have to go with Crazy Taxi 1 and 2 (But mostly 1 and what got me into Punk music and have spend 100s of hours in), Cannon Spike, Sega Bass Fishing, and Dynamite Cop. I love sports games as well and the DC has some of the best i have played NFL 2K, World Series Baseball 2k2, NBA Showtime/Hoopz (Hoopz has more modes), one of my all-time favorite sports games NBA 2k2 (Another game i spend 100s of hours on this one as well and love the old style nba gameplay) and the two Tony Hawk games (Spend many hours on these as well and game i still hold close to me). Some of the greatest pc shooters of all time have some great ports as well that i spend a ton of time on like Quake, Unreal, and Half Life.

I can go on all the day! I love the DC and will remain the most important video game system that i have played and reminds my favorite. I still get goosebumps when i play Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, and hearing the music in Crazy Taxi, Tony Hawk and the intro to NBA 2k2. Can't beat it! :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#8 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:26 am

Well, there were some official unreleased games in the last few years that were leaked and are functional including two online games, Internet Game Pack (IGP) and PBA Tour Bowling 2001.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Dreamtastic
lithium

Post#9 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:07 pm

Bob Dobbs wrote:Well, there were some official unreleased games in the last few years that were leaked and are functional including two online games, Internet Game Pack (IGP) and PBA Tour Bowling 2001.

Thank you i am aware of those two and have cdi/cdr of them already! :D