Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) (Dreamshell/RetroDream HDD IDE-SD) [Full Game UPDATED]

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) (Dreamshell/RetroDream HDD IDE-SD) [Full Game UPDATED]

Post#1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:46 am

MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY (DreamBOR) Full Game UPDATED !

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [Dreamshel HDD IDE-SD]

A bloody beat em up game (Play only if you have 13+! :D). This game has nothing related to the classic MK Trilogy. Very good development for those who likes MK. This is another hard work that deserves to be played. Graphics are very refined. Movements are enjoyable and most of the powers simulates Fatalities to your enemies. You can choose MK1, MK2 or MK3 scene. I guess it is very funny for everyone (but not for children). I would give it a 8,5 points.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR).jpg
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR).jpg (30.12 KiB) Viewed 11997 times

Game arrangements and DreamBOR engine designed by Ian Micheal
Covers designed by me Look at the new DreamBOR logo designed by a user here (i can not remember who is it),
I improved it even more in this cover, (Ian if you like it just let me know, you rule this engine).
The game was tested in a real Dreamcast with HDD IDE
Dreamshell presets by default except OS: Homebrew

The Pack includes:
CDI File for CD-R
ISO file for Dremshell users HDD or SD
Cover for CD 800x800
Cover DS 256x256

UPDATED DOWNLOAD LINK (06/01/2021):https://mega.nz/file/vXpiXIjI#TxeMSzUCq5Vl5fQaT6-uySTTc-uUcZM9u8NQJbdrQdU
Attachments
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [US] DS.jpg
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [US] DS.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 9603 times
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR).7z
(12.1 MiB) Downloaded 7821 times
Last edited by Ro Magnus Larsson on Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

xaeroxcore
fire

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [Dreamshel HDD-SD]

Post#2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Hello, how can i pay this wonder on dream shell SD/serial or(better yet) CDI?

shelcoof
rebel

Post#3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:51 pm

Are there videos? I won't be able to boot it up until the weekend
Would love to see footage

thanks!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:20 pm

shelcoof wrote:Are there videos? I won't be able to boot it up until the weekend
Would love to see footage

thanks!

I will be repacking this so you can complete it and run from a cdr the current version would not work like it is..

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#5 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:15 pm

I tested this (and all DreamBOR games) in IDE HDD mod as it was posted and I could complete MK1 and MK2, not MK3 because it appears locked. Besides this I did not have any trouble. What problem did you have ah? please dont get annoyed by little things like this, sure there are bitter things in life to get mad about, family, home,children, work, etc).
Anyway when I have time I will revisit my archives to help making this games playables for CD-R users, but as I post in the titles, I mainly publish for Dreamshell users, because I do not use GD-Rom reader anymore, I consider that out of date in a 20 years old console that lost too many developings and needs too many advances to stay alive, those advances you and this community do every year.
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#6 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:49 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I tested this (and all DreamBOR games) in IDE HDD mod as it was posted and I could complete MK1 and MK2, not MK3 because it appears locked. Besides this I did not have any trouble. What problem did you have ah? please dont get annoyed by little things like this, sure there are bitter things in life to get mad about, family, home,children, work, etc).
Anyway when I have time I will revisit my archives to help making this games playables for CD-R users, but as I post in the titles, I mainly publish for Dreamshell users, because I do not use GD-Rom reader anymore, I consider that out of date in a 20 years old console that lost too many developings and needs too many advances to stay alive, those advances you and this community do every year.

First Up not upset at you.. More upset at the word not getting out how to use Dreambor engine and what must be done..

Indeed well you can play mk3 now etc did not work because it ran out of ram.. I like the fact you making them for the IDE HDD but the hex edited bin does not work booting from a cdr at all so you cant just use it your also using the old version i did from 2019 and they need to be unpacked for cdr or any other it used 2mb less ram unpacked.. was the whole point of me allow non cached files to load..

IDE MODDED bin does not work on a selfboot cdr i tried it hangs on the bios.. If the bor.pak is not unpacked it holds it on malloc 2 times and cant be freed it also has to load all files 2 times..

No worries i just repack them and polish the problems i added levels and changed parts that hang on a cdr all files should always be unpacked to the data folder never be a 50 mb bor pak which just like a zip files the dreamcast has to un zip and cache before even reading a file..

I have been working on openbor games since 2003 did the first TMNT mod .. i know my way around these games.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Post#7 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:48 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:I tested this (and all DreamBOR games) in IDE HDD mod as it was posted and I could complete MK1 and MK2, not MK3 because it appears locked. Besides this I did not have any trouble. What problem did you have ah? please dont get annoyed by little things like this, sure there are bitter things in life to get mad about, family, home,children, work, etc).

First Up not upset at you.. More upset at the word not getting out how to use Dreambor engine and what must be done..

Indeed well you can play mk3 now etc did not work because it ran out of ram.. I like the fact you making them for the IDE HDD but the hex edited bin does not work booting from a cdr at all so you cant just use it your also using the old version i did from 2019 and they need to be unpacked for cdr or any other it used 2mb less ram unpacked.. was the whole point of me allow non cached files to load..

IDE MODDED bin does not work on a selfboot cdr i tried it hangs on the bios.. If the bor.pak is not unpacked it holds it on malloc 2 times and cant be freed it also has to load all files 2 times..

No worries i just repack them and polish the problems i added levels and changed parts that hang on a cdr all files should always be unpacked to the data folder never be a 50 mb bor pak which just like a zip files the dreamcast has to un zip and cache before even reading a file..

I have been working on openbor games since 2003 did the first TMNT mod .. i know my way around these games.

1.I did not noticed that moddified HDD Hex code does not work in CD-R, i could never notice that because i am nos CD-r user, so what I could do by now is also publish the ISO file without Hex modified, if no one publish about this I can not notice it.
2.Where is the new or last DreamBOR version ?
3.Maybe you can do it yourself with some help, is not a bad idea, to addapt the games to a different format I can not test, to be used in another systems like GDemu or CD-R
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY (DreamBOR)

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [Dreamshel HDD-SD]

A bloody game only if you have 17+! :D . (This has nothing related to the classic MK Trilogy). Very good development for those who likes MK. This is another hard work that deserves to be played. Graphics are very refined. Movements are enjoyable and most of the powers simulates Fatalities to your enemies. You can choose MK1, MK2 or MK3 scene (I guess MK3 is only unlockable if you finish MK1,MK2). i guess is very funny for everyone (but not for children). I would give it a 8,5 points.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) [US].jpg

DS cover
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR).jpgDS cover

DreamBOR engine designed by Ian Micheal
Covers designed by me (DS and 800x800) Look at the new DreamBOR logo designed by a user here (i can not remember who), I improved it even more and is the big cover, if you like it just let me know.
The game was tested in a real Dreamcast with HDD
Dreamshell presets by default except OS: Homebrew

Donwload: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR).7z

New using dma double buffer
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11829&start=120
Converted to cdr gdemu 3 games i did there more to follow yes it's good to make one for ide user as well
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13918

Just make sure to unpak the bor.pak to the data folder for all users it is 2x speed loading compare to not even on a gdemu or ide

I have been talking to ripfire with new things we are going to try and do for games.

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) (Dreamshell/RetroDream HDD IDE-SD) [Full Game UPDATED]

Post#9 » Thu May 27, 2021 9:02 am

Updated game
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

Dakangel
letterbomb

Re: Mortal Kombat Trilogy (DreamBOR) (Dreamshell/RetroDream HDD IDE-SD) [Full Game UPDATED]

Post#10 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:41 am

Your game doesnt exist in the mega link.
El juego ha desaparecido, ademas no entiendo porque ya no usas el gdrom junto con tu disco duro.
I dont understand why you refuse to utilize the gdrom along th Hdd