Other Consoles Video Thread

Talk about Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation and other Sega game consoles here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Magic Sword; the reason I fell in love with arcade games and preservation

Post#51 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:16 am

I'll never forget the day my dad gave me enough quarters to beat Magic Sword from start to finish AND played 2P with me. I may be 36 now but I vividly remember that day in the 90's and it's like I am a kid again

Anyone else have memories like this? The full story is in the vid

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Evil Night - 1/22

Post#52 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:17 am

DarkSynbios wrote:The game looks completely a copy of HOTD. I am sure this can be port on Sega Saturn also.

Def can't run on Saturn....not unless it was cut down severely.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: The 3DO / Konami M2 - the system that almost went to Sega - Evil Night - 1/22

Post#53 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:41 am

Vgesoterica wrote:
DarkSynbios wrote:The game looks completely a copy of HOTD. I am sure this can be port on Sega Saturn also.

people just dont know about hardware there is no way to port that to the sega saturn with out making it a bad cut down version..
Far as a copy of HOTD it has more things then that did and it was thought of at about the same time..

who knows which is copy of what..

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#54 » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:
Vgesoterica wrote:

people just dont know about hardware there is no way to port that to the sega saturn with out making it a bad cut down version..
Far as a copy of HOTD it has more things then that did and it was thought of at about the same time..

who knows which is copy of what..

Yes it's basically "in the style of House of the Dead" but Evil Night brings plenty of new and fresh ideas to the table

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - DK : Tropical Freeze - 1/26

Post#55 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:40 am

Just a near perfect game...no big deal lol

But seriously one of my absolute favorite Wii U games

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: The Wii U - Bayonetta 2 - 1/19

Post#56 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:41 am

DCGX wrote:That's one reason I haven't opened 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' yet: I've heard it's a very long game, and I'm not at a place to commit to a long game like that right now. Or in most cases actually.

Haha yes def DONT start if you don't have time. The game will make hours feel like minutes

areyareadyherewego
photon blast

Post#57 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:39 pm

WiiU is a great system to handle Wii games, and when modded - GC games (ISOs only, have to make them from a modded Wii)

Never used it for DS games, etc. but I heard its emulation is quite good as well

I stockpiled WiiU discs in 2018- early 2019 when they were cheap.

Have since double dipped on Hyrule Warriors, SMB U, Tropical Freeze... but thats ok. Got em all for a steal ($10, $25, $20)

There's a few re-releases I've passed on too

WiiU also got Wind Waker HD which has not been re-released and some random 3rd party novelties that I imagine won't ever see a re-release.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#58 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:18 pm

I wish Nintendo's N64 emulation was better on WiiU. I'd love to upgrade my Wii version N64 games to WiiU to free up space on the Wii side, but alas, Nintendo done fucked it up.

The popular rumor (hope?) is Nintendo will do a 3D Zelda collection a la their 3D Mario collection for Zelda's anniversary, with the WiiU's HD entries included. I can see that, but Nintendo would make much more if they released them separately.

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Re: A series on the AW to DC games - Dirty Pigskin Football - 1/20

Post#59 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:36 am

I really want to be good at these two games but holy crap are they hard

Motoracer5
blackout!

Re: A series on the AW to DC games - Rumble Fish 1 & 2 - 1/27

Post#60 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:31 am

Haha, I feel the same about both Rumblefish games. Is way more fun with an actual VS opponent than CPU.