The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Re: The Atomiswave games DOES work on the serial port.

Post#141 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:42 pm

Motoracer5 wrote:Nah, lots of people make poorly researched requests. You seem extra goofy though.

Do I? Huh. I'll take that into consideration.

NeoSnk
Outtrigger

Post#142 » Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:52 pm

Added Force Five for the SD Card on the first post! Kenju is not working well for me, so I'm waiting a little bit more before adding it.
For tutorials and homebrews access Titan Game Studios: https://titangamestudioscom.wordpress.com/
For interviews and gameplay support me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@NaiAdventure/featured

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#143 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:15 am

NeoSnk wrote:Added Force Five for the SD Card on the first post! Kenju is not working well for me, so I'm waiting a little bit more before adding it.

Thanks! Could you add Neogeo Battle Coliseum too? I haven't seen a version of that that's formatted for the serial port/Dreamshell (I was able to get it working, though). I played KenJu via the serial port some and didn't encounter any problems. I wonder if this could be because I'm using the newer version of the serial port adapter - I assumed they were all identical internally.

Parodius79
noob

Post#144 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:26 am

Hi there, what settings did you use to get Kenju and Coliseum working on the SD reader (new white version)?
It did not work for me with the sticky post settings.

Also to note that Ranger Mission, Clayshooting and Sports shooting also work on the reader.

New here to this forum- these Atomiswave ports are great!

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#145 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:51 am

Parodius79 wrote:Hi there, what settings did you use to get Kenju and Coliseum working on the SD reader (new white version)?
It did not work for me with the sticky post settings.

Also to note that Ranger Mission, Clayshooting and Sports shooting also work on the reader.

New here to this forum- these Atomiswave ports are great!

For Kenju I think I used 0x8CB00000, and for Neo Geo Coliseum I think it was 0x8CFE8000. I also disabled fastboot. I also had to use the 0.6.6 loader to get anything to run.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#146 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:23 am

Having real trouble I tried all loader memory Extreme Hunting 1+2 and nothing

WaiWai Drive Block Pong-Pong and Animal Basket curiously just reset my Dreamcast! Not tried loader memory on them though

Force Five amazingly and the only one that does not need a track4 nor any settings just plays excellent!

megavolt85
Developer

Post#147 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:36 am

Extreme Hunting 2 use serial port for debug

Keith Courage
rebel

Post#148 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm

First of all. Thank you to everyone for posting all this info here. Helped me a lot with getting my newly purchased SD reader setup. Just thought I'd post some of my findings.

Battle Coliseum works for me as well. I can also load up Animal Basket, Block Pong Pong, and Wai Wai Drive via the serial port but the picture is always rotated for Tate. So unless you want to turn your TV sideways then there isn't any point to trying them out.

No Idea why but I have to have my Async set to 16 for anything to load. 8 Doesn't work for me. Maybe it's my generic SD card?

Kenju sort of works with 0x8CB00000 but you have to use dreamshell since retrodream doesn't have this memory option. Also, people have been saying that it only works for one match and then freezes. After much testing I have found it's more an issue of what characters and or stages are picked that the game has to load. So there is definitely some use for playing this game 2 player because you can select the characters and stage of your choice. I'm currently going through testing to see which combinations work and which do not.

Also, any reason why the text(press start) on the title screen for KOF XI shows up as gibberish? Doesn't seem to do so with Mode or GDEMU.

So besides Kenju only half way working, there are only 2 Games that do not work with the serial port.
Metal Slug 6 and Extreme Hunting

Keith Courage
rebel

Post#149 » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:18 pm

UPDATES!!!

Kenju works perfect if using dreamshell only. Memory setting is 0x8CD00000. I figured out this memory setting by complete dumb luck. You can get dreamshell to save this setting if you create a shortcut to the desktop. I wish Retrodream had this memory setting but it doesn't.

3 light gun games work with memory setting 0x8C000100. Ranger Mission, Sega Clay Challenge, and Sports Shooting

3 Tate mode games also work with 0x8C000100. Animal Basket, Block Block Pong, and Wai Wai Drive.

Also, an update to Fist of the North Star. 0X8CFF4800 should be used as it fixes the freeze up that occurs when the demo tries to loop. Plays all the way through the game still this way.

Maximum Speed should be 0x8cfe8000 and not 0x8C000100 like it says on the first page. Game doesn't start when using 0x8C000100

So out of the 26 games currently
available. Only 2 games do not work on SD serial. Metal Slug 6 and Extreme Hunting.

1 last thing to mention is that I have to have my memory sync set to 16 instead of 8 like the first page of this thread suggests. Not sure if it's my serial adapter or generic sd card that causes the change.

I have uploaded a 7zip File with all the artwork+current memory settings setup. Simply drag and drop everything to a micro SD card and you are ready to go. https://gofile.io/d/sKV9Va. Requires boot disc https://gofile.io/d/mTH0ud
Last edited by Keith Courage on Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

la-li-lu-le-lo
undertow

Post#150 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:05 am

Keith Courage wrote:Kenju works perfect if using dreamshell only. Memory setting is 0x8CD00000. I figured out this memory setting by complete dumb luck. You can get dreamshell to save this setting if you create a shortcut to the desktop.

How did you get Dreamshell to create a shortcut to the desktop? I downloaded the version of the loader from github like Megavolt suggested (on the KenJu thread), and this version does have an option to create a desktop shortcut, but it doesn't seem to work. When I try to create a shortcut, it acts like it's going to, but then it doesn't appear to do anything. Also, the version on github uses the 0.6.0 loader I think, and I've found that this version doesn't work with any of the games I've tried - only 0.6.6 will work. Where did you get the version of the loader you're using?

Also, that link you shared doesn't seem to work. It just shows an error.