WELCOME TO THE RED LEVEL

Discuss Dreamcast related events and other Dreamcast websites here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

killer-elite
blackout!

WELCOME TO THE RED LEVEL

Post#1 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:52 am

Retro-bit Gaming has something to announce tomorrow that might be Dreamcast Related, possibly the Wireless Controller for Dreamcast???? Can't wait till tomorrow for the news !!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/RetroBitGaming/status/1417469380380794880
Last edited by killer-elite on Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: WELCOME TO THE RED LEVEL

Post#2 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:54 am

Retrobit have had a wireless Dreamcast controller slated for about two years now but because of the old Megadrive/Genesis era Welcome to the Next Level reference I am guessing it has something to do with that period in Sega gaming.

I think I remember when sega changed designs to use colours in the art work the genesis had red as its spine edge colour (the colours seemed more of a US thing and i'm in the UK so can't be sure as late Megadrive games had a blue design) so again it makes me think it's perhaps related to that.

I'm just hoping it's not just a red version of their megadrive controller as that would be kinda boring. :cry:

Jade1975
minority

Post#3 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:11 am

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#4 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:34 am

Expected as the advertising campaign they're copying was SEGA's campaign for the 32X.

Still, what a hilariously minor change. I do like the colours though, and can personally vouch that the 2.4Ghz Wireless controllers are fantastic.

I wouldn't expect anything great on the DC front for a good long while, or until a manufacturer actually states some genuinely interesting features for them.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#5 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:08 pm

Who will buy that, we have already all what we want for Genesis.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#6 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:49 pm

fafadou wrote:Who will buy that, we have already all what we want for Genesis.

If I ever buy a second 3.4Ghz Mega Drive controller, I reckon I'll pick it up in red, just for variety and it's a nice colour of red.

Sadly I reckon most of us are loners who never get to play much multiplayer offline XD

Return to “Dreamcast Community”