Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

kremiso
Rank 9

Amiga UAE4ALL single games ussloaded thread

Post#1 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:01 am

damn hot days here to exit home lol

i'm using the time on Amiga, again :)
i'm starting this thread to post a couple of miggy games, packed to work correctly or just to better use the Ian latest emulator version, the 3.5 2MB;
or picky bastard ones, or just with too long loading sequences, unskippable crack intros etc

also to have a couple of good old games 'ready to be played', in the real sense of the term;
of course these should be deep tested, as i'm trying to do too
----

First one - FIRE & ICE, cool platform game
a boot disk and a game disk, after the first load insert the game disk and press return using the virtual keyboard (L button);
first world (4 levels) completely preload in memory, much less loadings :)
tested until world 2, infinite lives enabled (you need them with this one)
this seems works better setting the Throttle to 20

Fire&Ice_uae4all3.5.zip
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 532 times

fi.jpg
fi.jpg (6.96 KiB) Viewed 11803 times

CREDITS - a BIG thank you to the great Toni Wilen, the author/developer of the WinUAE emulator, for his cool ussload program, used here
Last edited by kremiso on Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Re: Amiga UAE4ALL 3.5 single games fix / request

Post#2 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:00 am

Not sure but dragonstone may be a good choice ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#3 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:13 am

I send you soon custom version that is up ported to kos2.0 since it's a better compiler 4.7 and all those old version use 3.4 it makes for quite a big upgrade thank you for making this game to work :) I might be able to push it to over 3 mb or 4 so you can install more to memory

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#4 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 am

are you using this version of it

USSLoad v2.1. Forgotten update that was done over 6 months ago..

https://download.abime.net/winuae/files/b/ussload.zip (Aminet upload later)

v2.1:

- Accept CD32 state files. Akiko and CD audio playback state is restored.
- Accept CDTV state files. DMAC and 6525 state is restored but CD drive internal state is not (yet?) restored.
- If running on CD32/CDTV and loading non-CD32/CDTV statefile: automatically disable all CD related interrupts to prevent possible hang (stuck CD interrupt) when restored program starts.
- ACA1221LC Map ROM support added.
- If <rom name>.a1200 can't be found, try also <rom name>.a500. Workaround for statefiles with mismatched hardware settings.

many fixes from the normal one floating around

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:38 am

kremiso wrote:damn hot days here to exit home lol

i'm using the time on Amiga, again :)
i'm starting this thread to post a couple of miggy games, packed to work correctly or just to better use the Ian latest emulator version, the 3.5 2MB;
or picky bastard ones, or just with too long loading sequences, unskippable crack intros etc

also to have a couple of good old games 'ready to be played', in the real sense of the term;
of course these should be deep tested, as i'm trying to do too
----

First one - FIRE & ICE, cool platform game
a boot disk and a game disk, after the first load insert the game disk and press return using the virtual keyboard (L button);
first world (4 levels) completely preload in memory, much less loadings :)
tested until world 2, infinite lives enabled (you need them with this one)
this seems works better setting the Throttle to 20

Fire&amp;Ice_uae4all3.5.zip

fi.jpg

CREDITS - a BIG thank you to the great Toni Wilien, the author/developer of the WinUAE emulator, for his cool ussload program, used here

can you explain how to do this i think many games would benfit in 3.5 from this i could never get the pc side to work

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#6 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:16 am

fafadou wrote:Not sure but dragonstone may be a good choice ?

i have not tested this yet, if something better can be done i'll add here
added to the to do list lol

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#7 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:26 am

Ian Micheal wrote:I send you soon custom version that is up ported to kos2.0 since it's a better compiler 4.7 and all those old version use 3.4 it makes for quite a big upgrade thank you for making this game to work :) I might be able to push it to over 3 mb or 4 so you can install more to memory

great, just try to keep the ks2.0 / ecs legacy ;)
yeah, now i'm thinking also to all the AmigaDOS games that can be preloaded entirely in RAM
and then freezed/saved 8-)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#8 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:27 am

kremiso wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:I send you soon custom version that is up ported to kos2.0 since it's a better compiler 4.7 and all those old version use 3.4 it makes for quite a big upgrade thank you for making this game to work :) I might be able to push it to over 3 mb or 4 so you can install more to memory

yeah, now i'm thinking also to all the AmigaDOS games that can be preloaded entirely in RAM

That would be great for a lot of them :) make this more use-able

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#9 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:28 am

kremiso wrote:

every version i did you can change the kickstart just rename it what ever and it use that one every version before is using crusty kos 1.3

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#10 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:47 am

Ian Micheal wrote:can you explain how to do this i think many games would benfit in 3.5 from this i could never get the pc side to work

sure
well, you forced need to use WinUAE on PC;
the only con of ussload to consider is that it does require 0.5 MB in add of the original Amiga setting used to play the game;
so, to have a working boot file with your 3.5 2MB release, you must play on PC with a 1.5 MB emulated Amiga;
the hardware must be the A500+ , 1,5MB chip, ECS;
once you reach the specific point wanted (over stuck points or cached memory, or other),
save the game, and reload it with the ussload

then cross the fingers and try it on the DC lol

sorry, a bit summarized
there is also another procedure i would test too