Intrepid Izzy

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Intrepid Izzy

Post#321 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:14 am

marcosmoutta wrote:Pretty cool but 200BRL is absurd. And this one is in stock, even if I could afford the rush rush reloaded game, it's sold out, or maybe the website is dead, I don't know. Who am I to say this, I didn't study game design and programming for years to accomplish something, but gatekeeping your games behind physical media is dumb. A cdi for 15USD like xeno crisis would be really adequate. Hell, Intrepid Izzy is 37BRL on Steam right now and it's not even on sale, why do I have to pay so much for the DC version?

Brasil has always had high prices on imports and your country is going thru a lot of turmoil today. The whole world is. Your president was telling citizens yesterday to buy rifles to protect themselves when economy collapses...

I don't think anyone has advocated for digital releases on DC more than me in the last year. So I understand what you are trying to say here. But throwing accusations at the developer isn't going to make the digital release come any faster.

As for the price of the physical release it's the same as every other game on DC now.

I wonder if the price of pressing a physical cd has gone up considering in America you can hardly find brand new physical music cds in stores anymore?

sonik
Developer

Post#322 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:44 am

Can't compare steam digital prices in Brazil with an import physical media.
If something have a high price range for my pocket I simply don't buy it. Can't blame the developer/publisher for our economy problem.
Well I can blame EA for selling the latest FIFA game for 500 BRL. And it's digital! Now this is absurd.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

Roel
Developer

Post#323 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:52 am

dubcity wrote:I wonder if the price of pressing a physical cd has gone up considering in America you can hardly find brand new physical music cds in stores anymore?

Don't know how it is in America, but for me the price certainly went up. And shipping is also much more expensive these days.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#324 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:54 am

bramenjam wrote:Yes, the digital version is coming, but we will first sort out the Collector's Edition.

Speaking of needing patience lol

All they are waiting on is the foam inserts from the supplier, which was delayed by the supplier.

At least you aren't in my shoes with my business: waiting on a chemical that delayed our latest production and assembly run, pushing us to dangerously low stock of the medical product we sell.

Would you like to trade situations? I'd like to trade situations even though I'm waiting on the CE too. You just let me know.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#325 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:10 am

Roel wrote:
dubcity wrote:I wonder if the price of pressing a physical cd has gone up considering in America you can hardly find brand new physical music cds in stores anymore?

Don't know how it is in America, but for me the price certainly went up. And shipping is also much more expensive these days.

I believe it. We are seeing price of everything go up and now supply shortages. You are French correct? How are you and the rest of our French brethren holding up during lockdown and covid passports?

Roel
Developer

Post#326 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:53 am

dubcity wrote:You are French correct? How are you and the rest of our French brethren holding up during lockdown and covid passports?

Actually I'm Dutch. We're holding up mostly fine here, although some people have rather strong opinions on the matter. No idea about our French brethren.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#327 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:25 pm

Roel wrote:
dubcity wrote:You are French correct? How are you and the rest of our French brethren holding up during lockdown and covid passports?

Actually I'm Dutch. We're holding up mostly fine here, although some people have rather strong opinions on the matter. No idea about our French brethren.

Apologies. I wasn't sure. I'm glad you're doing OK.

galaxygod
core

Post#328 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:17 pm

cd prices arent terribly high right now actually, you can get 1000 cds with a full 8 page booklet printed for under $1500, i think this guys country just has wild import taxes

marcosmoutta
lithium

Post#329 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:37 pm

dubcity wrote:throwing accusations at the developer isn't going to make the digital release come any faster.

??? When did I do this? What the actual hell

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#330 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:06 pm

marcosmoutta wrote:
dubcity wrote:throwing accusations at the developer isn't going to make the digital release come any faster.

??? When did I do this? What the actual hell

You don't think saying he was gatekeeping the game is an accusation? Seemed like one to me. Did I read that wrong?
Last edited by dubcity on Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “New Games”