Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: The Textorcist: Story of Ray Bibbia

Post#121 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:55 am

kremiso wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:...Since I'm in the credits, I'll even sign it for you
lol

was thinking, in the extremely worst scenario, possibly the DC passionate community will try to fix this faulty game,
when the times will permit this of course

I'm assuming the source code would be needed to rebuild the game and fix it. Is that likely to happen?

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#122 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:26 am

dubcity wrote:I'm assuming the source code would be needed to rebuild the game and fix it. Is that likely to happen?

yup, that is a very far option
i can be wrong here, but i presume some test attempts would not require something so deep
i have some ideas myself, i would like a .gdi or .cdi to make some tries

what if this game has been playtested on emulation, that possibly does not have those freeze issues?

galaxygod
core

Post#123 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:51 pm

im glad to hear gamefairy talking about it and addressing that the game doesnt work. i honestly wasnt expecting that.

i also uploaded a video on youtube showing the soft lock in the master fight so everyone could see what it looks like since i know some people arent opening their copies yet. i put my thoughts on whats going on in the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikf5x0MM7kk

galaxygod
core

Post#124 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:37 pm

hey everyone! sorry for all the updates on this but im really trying to finish this game while i still have a broken leg and have the time haha gamefairy emailed me back assuring me that a fixed version of the game would be going out at some point and told me that the master fight only softlocks when using a controller. so i got the brook adapter and plugged in my keyboard and i definitely got through the fight. it took me 3 tries because theres still a major text crash in this fight but the keyboard works here. i much prefer the controller controls over the keyboard but this fight is keyboard only.

another glitch i found doesnt really effect much but if you have 2 vmus plugged in the game runs at around half speed. the brook adapter has a built in vmu so i loaded my save off my controller and i noticed the game was running at a stupid slow pace. after playing around a bit with controllers and placements i realized i could get the same thing to happen with 2 vmus in one controller. this isnt a big bug but its a weird one i only noticed because i had to buy the adapter.

fraggle200
chill

Post#125 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:01 pm

was wondering if there was any update on this and had a quick look at the gamefairy twitter and looks like they're still working on it, as of a month ago. I'll hang off buying it if there's going to be fixed physicals about.

Capture.PNG

mstar
Doom

Post#126 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 am

Hopefully, another update is due soon :)

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#127 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:02 am

galaxygod wrote:hey everyone! sorry for all the updates on this but im really trying to finish this game while i still have a broken leg and have the time haha gamefairy emailed me back assuring me that a fixed version of the game would be going out at some point and told me that the master fight only softlocks when using a controller. so i got the brook adapter and plugged in my keyboard and i definitely got through the fight. it took me 3 tries because theres still a major text crash in this fight but the keyboard works here. i much prefer the controller controls over the keyboard but this fight is keyboard only.

another glitch i found doesnt really effect much but if you have 2 vmus plugged in the game runs at around half speed. the brook adapter has a built in vmu so i loaded my save off my controller and i noticed the game was running at a stupid slow pace. after playing around a bit with controllers and placements i realized i could get the same thing to happen with 2 vmus in one controller. this isnt a big bug but its a weird one i only noticed because i had to buy the adapter.

Yes the old having vmu or rumble pack in at the same time effects old kos it's sure sign effects radquake as well Yhey should just use SDL dreamhal

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#128 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:34 am

Oh ! How can we cantact us for a disc update ?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#129 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:38 am

fafadou wrote:Oh ! How can we cantact us for a disc update ?

No idea but it's not fixed so no disk yet

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#130 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:40 am

fraggle200 wrote:was wondering if there was any update on this and had a quick look at the gamefairy twitter and looks like they're still working on it, as of a month ago. I'll hang off buying it if there's going to be fixed physicals about.

Capture.PNG

This i say is pretty funny it says those effected that means every disk you sold lol
Attachments
Capture.PNG