PSO: Original Access Key needed for online instead of V.2 key?

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Elliander
lithium

PSO: Original Access Key needed for online instead of V.2 key?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:46 pm

Hi, I started playing PSO with a new V.2 access key and then I got the Ives modified disc so that I can connect to Sylverrant with the Broadband Adapter (BBA). I have the BBA connected to my router via ethernet cable and I proceed to connect online. However, then I see this message:

"Please enter your original PSO serial number and access key. Your PSO data will be transferred to PSO Ver.2. *Do not use PSO Ver.2 numbers. -Your code is case sensitive- "

access_key_request_1.jpg

The problem is that I am playing on V.2 and only have a V.2 serial number and access key. I don't have a V.1 serial number and access key. How am I supposed to proceed? Do I really need to buy two unopened copies of the game with two sets of serial numbers just to play? Or is there a way around this?

Specifically, I downloaded the modified disc from here: https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloads.html

And I am using "IVES_PSOV2_US_R2" since that appeared to be the version that didn't have cheats enabled.

EDIT: I am still looking for a solution to this. I found another thread which mentioned this problem here:

https://www.dreamcast-talk.com/forum/vi ... access+key

The only difference being that they were using shared keys and I bought mine. However, when they marked it as solved they didn't say how they solved it and I can't find any other mention of this problem.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Re: PSO: Original Access Key needed for online instead of V.2 key?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:20 pm

When I first hopped on DreamPi+PSO in 2017 start, this was all the same scenario here too and still don't have a v1

Every time this screen I put the v2 SNAK and just proceeds!

As for Enhanced not cheats really it better farming but if you jus hit lv80 to access Ultimate difficulty there is when I fall-back to stock until a bit beyond hitting the 100s as it is killer hard

But if you went Ramar class I believe he useless for Enhanced Ultimate, my lv116 does nothing but my Force gets by real good and from early 100s been EP'ing her

Elliander
lithium

Post#3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:23 pm

When I entered my V.2 serial number it just beeps as if I entered it incorrectly. I'll try again though.

mistamontiel wrote: fall-back to stock until a bit beyond hitting the 100s as it is killer hard

How would I go about doing that? When I first loaded up the IVES disc the game had me convert me V.2 save to... V.2 again. It accepted the same access key, but after conversion I checked to see if I could play it on the unmodified V.2 disc and it said I couldn't.
Last edited by Elliander on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:24 pm

Haha yeh reminds me of Episode 2, if you skipped a PSO release they're not going to lock you out of current/newer one

EDIT: Sorry man!! I don't know why that is for you

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#5 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:35 pm

If that prompt is coming up, there is a V1 serial number/access key stored in your console's flashrom. If you don't know what it is (or it is a non-US key), I'd recommend erasing the flashrom to clear it. Ives' site has a tool you can burn to a CD-R to do just that (the tool will erase everything in the flashrom on the console (nothing on memory cards will be affected, of course), including internet settings, so you will have to set that up again afterwards).

Elliander
lithium

Post#6 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:46 pm

yeah, it still won't accept my access key...

BlueCrab wrote:If that prompt is coming up, there is a V1 serial number/access key stored in your console's flashrom. If you don't know what it is (or it is a non-US key), I'd recommend erasing the flashrom to clear it. Ives' site has a tool you can burn to a CD-R to do just that (the tool will erase everything in the flashrom on the console (nothing on memory cards will be affected, of course), including internet settings, so you will have to set that up again afterwards).

I don't think V.1 was ever used on this console, but I guess since the game believes that I converted a save already when I went from the OEM disc to the modified disc that could have caused it to record something where it shouldn't have maybe.

So what, specifically, is erased when the flashrom is cleared? Is it usually just date and time stuff?

Elliander
lithium

Post#7 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:24 pm

OK, that solved that problem. For anyone reading this later, I did have to clear the flash. I'll include screenshots of everything I had to do to get online for the benefit of anyone looking for similar help in the future as it would have saved me hours of trying if I had something like this.

First I downloaded "Dreamcast Flash Memory Eraser" from here:

https://psopalace.sylverant.net/downloa ... mcast.html

Then I placed DCFlash.cdi inside a numbered folder on the root of the SD card. Then I booted the Dreamcast and it showed up as "Ghetto Pong". I booted it, and then I saw this screen:

DC_flash_1.png

Then I rebooted the console and I had to reset the date and time. Then I booted the IVES PSO V.2 disc. I had to re-enter the SNAK, but that was fine, and then the character loaded offline just fine. Then I went to connect online and I didn't get that screen.

There is, however, another problem: "ISP Information not found." but it's progress at least.

DC_ISP_error_1.jpg

According to this guide: https://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/ph ... online.php I needed to use DreamPassport to configure the BBA for PSO, but since I can't read Japanese very well (only a little bit) I tried "Planet Web 3.0" first. Predictably, that didn't work. I tried finding a guide to walk me through the Japanese menus of DreamPassport when I found this Browser:

http://www.psilocybindreams.com/pc/download/

I downloaded all 15 parts of the rar file, extracted with 7-zip, and loaded up the .CDI file with GDEMU.

First I pressed A on "Original User Agent" :

DC_XDP_4.jpg

which took me here where I clicked "options" :

DC_XDP_5.jpg

Which took me to a page where I clicked "Network Info"

DC_XDP_6.jpg

Which brought me to this page where I clicked on "BBA":

DC_XDP_7.jpg

Which brought me to this page where I clicked "manual" under IP Address:

DC_XDP_8.jpg

Which brought me to a page where I can enter internet settings! I went with these settings hoping they'd work (wasn't sure what the console's local IP address was)

DC_XDP_9.jpg

Then I clicked on OK, then clicked "Forward" on the next page to get to another setting. I went with 46.101.91.123 for the DNS per this guide: https://dreamcastlive.net/connection-guide/ and for secondary DNS I used the public DNS information 8.8.4.4 found here: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns and left proxy blank. This is what I ended up with for this page:

DC_XDP_10.jpg

Clicking forward again, I skipped over a few pages of settings I don't need, then clicked OK on store password here:

DC_XDP_11.jpg

and then clicked A again on OK to confirm:

DC_XDP_12.jpg

And then I see this page which says that the information has been saved:

DC_XDP_13.jpg

So then, for good measure, I went "forward" then clicked "OK" back on this page:

DC_XDP_7.jpg

then clicked "save"

DC_XDP_14.jpg

Then I decided to test the connection by going to google:

DC_XDP_15.jpg

DC_XDP_16.jpg

and it worked! Although it doesn't load the page very well, the important thing is that I have internet access! So, I rebooted the console and launched the Ives PSO V.2 disc!

Now I see a new screen! This means the console recognizes that I have internet access! Since I started this character on V.2 I selected "You have not played PSO"

PSO_connected_1.jpg

I then had to enter my PSO Ver.2 SNAK, but since it was previously entered it showed up on the screen for me already. I did, however, have to enter my Access Key again on the next page. I was then asked to confirm my Serial Number and Access Key (SNAK) which I did so very carefully. I also at this point verified that it was the same as the Guild Card that I registered on Sylverant after creating an account there.

Then I got to this nostalgic screen:

PSO_connected_3.jpg

and after clicking OK I see a loading screen and then this page:

PSO_connected_4.jpg

and at this point I am certainly online since I can select the ship I would like to join!

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#8 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:32 am

Great, now you can finally play with us 8-)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here