NBA 2k1 or 2k2

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FxKu
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Toy Racer, Pod 2, Quake 3

NBA 2k1 or 2k2

Post by FxKu »

Hey there,

I'm new here. DC gamer since '99 (that sounds great, man). Got my DreamPi last week and found my 19yr old highscore in Toy Racer :D
Anyway, would love to play NBA online. Unfortunately, the PAL version of 2k2 does not support it. Now, I'm thinking about getting the US version. I could get 2k1 for nearly nothing on ebay (which would also be interesting collection-wise as I got 2k and 2k2). But the main question is: Does anybody here plays this title online? Should I better wait for a good offer of 2k2 us?

Greetings from Berlin
FxKu

Sega RPG
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Gundam
Monaco Online
Pod
Maximum Pool
Planet Ring
Pso
Toy Racer
4x4 Evo

Re: NBA 2k1 or 2k2

Post by 247 »

You should wait for an offer on the 2k ntscu version as everybody is playing this, in the meanwhile anyway you could just burn it :)

2koolpa
photon blast
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3

Post by 2koolpa »

Getting them both would be ideal, however.. 2k2 is played online in the community far more often. The same applies to the NFL games. You are much more likely to meet up with other players online with 2k2 for both sports games.

ncman071
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
Starlancer
AFO
Tetris
Maximum Pool
CCR
4x4
PSO v2

Post by ncman071 »

yea we play 2k1 sometimes online....gamingtruker and i have had many nba2k1 matches...2k2 is the better game overall

ELJarrodo
shadow

Post by ELJarrodo »

Gamplay wise 2k2 adds some really nice features. The auto alley oop pass and the drop step give alot more options to score. Zone defenses were made legal for the 01-02 season so those are an option to help get stops, you can also steal passes which was a nice feature added. Finally 2k2 has the added bonus of Michael Jordan being in the game.

FxKu
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Toy Racer, Pod 2, Quake 3

Post by FxKu »

kay guys, finally I got my copy now of 2k2!

hadyn
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Alien Front Online
4x4 Evo
Gundam EFF vs Zeon
Quake 3NBA 2K1
NFL 2K1

Post by hadyn »

Hi,

I'm from the UK and have a copy of NBA 2K1 if you ever want a game online.

SegaSen
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Pod 2, Toy Racer, PSO, Quake 3

Post by SegaSen »

I tried to play NBA 2K1 online today with a friend. But we couldn't play. We connected online, entered the lobby, tried to challenge each other, but we couldn't get a notification and thus, we could not accept. What is the problem? Does the server work correctly?

sutt22
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, NFL2K2

Post by sutt22 »

I had the same issues way back when. DMZ or port forwarding is prolly the issue. I couldn't use DMZ so I entered all the stuff into my routers port forwarding spot. Also, what was the biggest issue for me was there was an issue with my isp. I called tech support and went full nerd (as I am a nerd as well) and they had to bridge 2 connections on their side and problem solved. Hope this helps :-)
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." ~ Bernard of Clairvaux