DCdigital gremlins

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

battlemagus
noob

DCdigital gremlins

Post by battlemagus »

Hey guys. I have installed the dcdigital into my dreamcast. The osd shows full hearts, but I am getting serious graphical glitches. Sometimes when I start the dreamcast, its fine. If i tap on the side, sometimes it glitches out again. I was playing a game and it glitched out and it froze. The video froze and went al glitchy, and so did the sound fx, but the bgm still played. I have tested it with composite video out and it still happens.

runkthepunk
Doom
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I will happily play any once I get myself set-up with a decent internet connection!

Re: DCdigital gremlins

Post by runkthepunk »

Just a thought but I experience problems that you have mentioned when the power supply is playing up.

If you still run the original internal power supply it might be worth cleaning the connection prongs and when re-fitting lightly wiggling/jiggling it to re-seat better. (Obviously unplug the machine from the power supply when doing this!)

Never had those issues with my DCdigital machine as it is a cleaner newer model with better power supply.

Hope you solve it!

battlemagus
noob

Re: DCdigital gremlins

Post by battlemagus »

I think it may be the gpu. If i press on it while its on, I get the glitches. Maybe needs a reflow?