USB4MAPLE adapter

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

f355fanatic
shadow

Re: USB4MAPLE adapter

Post by f355fanatic »

sonik wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:24 am Supported Logitech wheels will appear as a dreamcast racing wheel.
Wiring is on first page.
Thanks for your answer.

Does the g25 need to be powered or the usb port is enough ?

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

Need to be powered. All logitech wheels that features FFB will only report the wheel rotation after it's being powered and have done it's "calibration".
EDF! EDF! EDF!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

added:

8BitDo SNK NeoGeo (wired only) (VID 2DC8 PID 9025)
8BitDo N30 Bluetooth (VID 2DC8 PID AB12)
Retro-Bit Wired USB Legacy16 SNES (VID 0F0D PID 00C1)
PlayStation 1/2 twin usb adapter (only first port) (VID 0810 PID 0001)
usb4maple_03.05.24.7z
(47.28 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
usb4maple_debug.7z
(47.64 KiB) Downloaded 10 times

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm PlayStation 1/2 twin usb adapter (only first port) (VID 0810 PID 0001)
Had one of these lying around and just tested it. Works great! Also tested with my Madcatz RC2 PS2 racing wheel and while it works, the pedals don't do anything. I assume you would probably need logs to get it working?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Schnoogums
noob

Post by Schnoogums »

sonik wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:55 pm Need to be powered. All logitech wheels that features FFB will only report the wheel rotation after it's being powered and have done it's "calibration".
Sonik,

I have one of those Wii Speed Force Wheels I saw you recommend on Twitter a little while back. What would be required for it to work with this USB4Maple adapter?

It seems like the prefect arcadey wheel for the Dreamcast with its analog paddles for gas and brake, d-pad and four face buttons.

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:53 pm Had one of these lying around and just tested it. Works great! Also tested with my Madcatz RC2 PS2 racing wheel and while it works, the pedals don't do anything. I assume you would probably need logs to get it working?
unfortunately there is nothing I can do, this adapter does not provide information about what is connected to it, if I configure it to use steering wheels, the PSx controller will not work correctly

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

@megavolt85

Retro-Bit Wired USB Legacy16 SNES (VID 0F0D PID 00C1):
It sets up an ASCII Stick and I can't change modes. Is this the way it should be working?

8BitDo SNK NeoGeo (wired only) (VID 2DC8 PID 9025):
I can't get it to be recognized wired by usb4maple using today's firmware. How should the gamepad be setup before attaching the cable? It has a 2.4G & Bluetooth switch + a dongle. Unlike their earlier controllers, there is no way to put the gamepad in d-input mode when turning on the controller (really hate the way their new models work, a step backwards IMO).

Windows - wired or dongle, switch = 2.4G, always sets up as x-input. Works on my PC.

Android - switch = Bluetooth, manual does not mention a wired mode. Tried it in Bluetooth mode + wired - didn't work

Using beta firmware v1.09, which is required to connect to their usb2bt v2 adapter.

sonik
Developer

Post by sonik »

@MoeFoh I have not tested yet the neogeo controller. But the switch does nothing when using it wired.
You can try to connect it first to the adapter, then the adapter to the DC. Like I said many times before: some 8bitdo devices are a pain to get working.
EDF! EDF! EDF!

megavolt85
Developer

Post by megavolt85 »

MoeFoh wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:56 pm Retro-Bit Wired USB Legacy16 SNES (VID 0F0D PID 00C1):
It sets up an ASCII Stick and I can't change modes. Is this the way it should be working?
yep, only ASCII Stick mode
MoeFoh wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:56 pm I can't get it to be recognized wired by usb4maple using today's firmware. How should the gamepad be setup before attaching the cable?
instruction by chap3l

Code: Select all

select bluetooth switch on gamepad > power on with start > press pair button > connect USB cable on usb4maple

maonaluva
undertow

Post by maonaluva »

pcwzrd13 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:53 pm
megavolt85 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm PlayStation 1/2 twin usb adapter (only first port) (VID 0810 PID 0001)
Had one of these lying around and just tested it. Works great! Also tested with my Madcatz RC2 PS2 racing wheel and while it works, the pedals don't do anything. I assume you would probably need logs to get it working?
Should the M30 2.4G control work via the USB cable? Mine doesn't work, even though I saw M30 on the list.