[Help] Dreamcast problem

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

[Help] Dreamcast problem

Post by luso_dreamcaster »

hi guys,
so 1 of mine dreamcast's has a problem and i dont know what to do to fix it.
the prob is that all dc consoles close the cover to run the games right?
mine did that but now wen i close the cover it cant find the game...
i foud a "soluction", i have to let the cover a litle open to run the game, and i dont know why this problem came..
but everything else works 5stars it just has this stupid problem.
maybe the problem is in the dc box (cover) i dunno.
if any1 can help me would be grateful.

srry for my english.

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Re: [Help] Dreamcast problem

can anyone help me?

runkthepunk
Doom
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I will happily play any once I get myself set-up with a decent internet connection!

Post by runkthepunk »

Hello there

A friend of mine had exactly the same problem with his machine he placed a CD case on the DC lid to keep it closed/open at the same time.

We never figured out what the problem actually was unfortunately so he just played it like that

If you figure out the cause post the answer!

Cheers :D

TeamXlink
Rank 9

Post by TeamXlink »

There is a fault in the design of it.
In the back right corner of the Sega Dreamcast, inside, there is a switch that the over pushes when its closed.

I experimented and made it stay pushed, and found this fault.

When you click play game, and the dialog comes up it doesn't search for the game, to iniate a search you have to open and close the lid which pushes the switch. This triggers a new search for a game.

I think your switch thing inside the Dreamcast is either mis-aligned or it is pused back there for, to trigger a search for the game your case has to be closed farther then usual to cause the switch to change its position.

Outrunner
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phtansy Star Online

Post by Outrunner »

I had a simillar problem on my Dreamcast, the case wasn't pushing the switch enough for it to consistently read the GD-Roms, what I did was open the Dremcast up and separate all the parts from the top parte of the case, you will notice that on part of the case that is movable there is a system with two dented wheels and there is a plastic part, white, on that system that pushes the switch. I used some rubber tape and placed in there in order to make it longer and push the switch further. Anyway explaining this in english is hard for me. So if you want I can just PM you or something in portuguese. :lol:

luso_dreamcaster
dark night

Outrunner wrote:I had a simillar problem on my Dreamcast, the case wasn't pushing the switch enough for it to consistently read the GD-Roms, what I did was open the Dremcast up and separate all the parts from the top parte of the case, you will notice that on part of the case that is movable there is a system with two dented wheels and there is a plastic part, white, on that system that pushes the switch. I used some rubber tape and placed in there in order to make it longer and push the switch further. Anyway explaining this in english is hard for me. So if you want I can just PM you or something in portuguese. :lol:
ok!!