/legit command on PSO (guide)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

K_I_R_E_E_K

/legit command on PSO (guide)

Post#1 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 am

Topic may receive updates.

Very soon the 1st version of the checker will be avaible for the public, so i decided to make this topic to explain what does this command exactly do, what it can do and what it can't do.

Image This command sets the game to legit mode, one of the caracteristics is the fact it will do an inventory scan to your equips, i believe it does even when you get something from the bank or when you pick something up.

Image This command will try to detect hacked items and hacked stuff based on common cheating, this means that cheaters often do equips with certain details and lucky for me those details indicate the item is hacked or is impossible to obtain.

Image The scanner is not 100% trustworty, if someone enters a legit game it doesn't mean the player is legit, it means there is a possibility he is legit, certain hacks can't be detected by a inventory scan, i'm referring to GOE (god of equip), altered drop rates, altered enemy stats, fast move, hacked level,.......
This command detects illegit items, not illegit gameplay

Image Always use common sense. Experienced players know what kind of items are more likely to be hacked and in some cases they won't be detected by this scanner, so always have an eye open.

Image There is a chance the scanner may detect a false positive, but the odds are so low that i don't even consider it as a problem, however if you detect a false positive, please contact me so i can see if i made a mistake, let's not forget that i'm human and a typo somewhere can lead to false positives.

Image Same thing if you don't know wich of your equips is hacked, if you are unsure why you have been detected with hacks then pm me so i can review the equips and the code.

Image This inventory scan is designed to help newbies out since they lack experience, but it can be used by anyone, makes things easier, it's like beeing 2 steps ahead of illegit players.

Image This scanner considers legit many things, even hacked stuff can be considered legit, if there is the possibility the item is legit then it will automaticly accept it, but there are many things that won't be acepted, so be carefull with the items you get on other servers (players, quests, moded games) because some conditions were made to detect exactly that.

Incase you have illegit items you will see this message:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5194 ... 191501.png

Incase you decide to bypass and try to pick the items from the bank, then you will be kicked and disconnected:
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8057 ... 221973.png

I consider legit any advancement that affects your game that is the same as in the original game or in a server that has the same qualities as in the old official server.
Any advancement on something that didn't exist on the official server or in the original game will be considered illegit.

Any questions post them here.
Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Wed May 25, 2011 3:05 pm, edited 7 times in total.

BlueCrab
Developer

Re: /legit command on PSO (guide)

Post#2 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 pm

Just to add on to what K_I_R_E_E_K said, there might always be bugs in the code that handles the checking in the backend of the server.

After all, its only ever really been tested by me on my test server against my own inventory. If there's any bugs of that nature, I'll be happy to fix them in the server software.

Also, there'll be more comprehensive checking coming in the nearish future to the code. Things that I don't currently detect will be detectable (and no, I'm not telling you what I don't detect at the moment).

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#3 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 am

Thanks for that BlueCrab, we appreciate it. :mrgreen:

The only problem I had while playing today is being FSOD'ed half of the time when someone joined the game.

Keep up the good work.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

BlueCrab
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:23 pm

Radkin wrote:Thanks for that BlueCrab, we appreciate it. :mrgreen:

The only problem I had while playing today is being FSOD'ed half of the time when someone joined the game.

Keep up the good work.
Yeah, I was just talking to someone about this FSOD issue that has come up. It definitely seems to be an odd interaction between PSODC and PSOPC... Other than that, I don't have any leads at the moment.

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#5 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:14 am

That is correct. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure everyone here will do all they can to try and help you out as well. We'll keep you updated and report any new bugs we find.

-Take care
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#6 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Updated with 2 screenshots :o

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#7 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:51 pm

keep up the good work
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#8 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 am

I fired off you a pm regarding this. I also forgot that I use the same sn/ak's as everyone here, although I doubt that matters. If its possible for you to view scan data, could I join a game with you and find out what item exactly caused me to crash?
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post#9 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:12 am

Sure think, i'll log on online now

EDIT: i was unable to detect the problem, saw twice the legit check failing, but according to macabre, one of the last tests he already had all the stuff in the inventory and the command worked.
Meaning a bank full of grinders and a player with all the items he had was consired legit, however, 3 random times including the one where he played in a open game, he was detected with some kind of hack.

I am taking his word that he has no idea wich item is hacked and that he hasn't deposited the hack in the bank with the grinders.
So either a bug happened or macabre hidded the suposed hacked item

Macabre
Feet of Fury

Post#10 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 am

:?: I'd still like to know why it kicked me. You said the logs showed a check fail three times? I only got the message and was only kicked once? Does it show which character I had? I'm tempted to drag all my characters out and have all my gear scanned now, as I've only kept things that I've found myself, and try like hell to avoid trading / accepting gifts. :shock:

I can think of about 5 things in my possession that were not self-found;

A rhg from radkin that 35% dark
A few mind materials that were quickly used up
A few badges from online quests that were passed down to me
A 4 socket armor cathy found right infront of me
And... i can't really recall anything else that i've obtained online from anyone
PSO Dreamcast BBA ftw @ Dreamcast-Talk.com
~ Macabre! Redria HUcast
~ Lust Purplenum RAcaseal
~Sega Trade List!~
vid's coming soon~