Competition #9 - Speed Devils (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #9 - Speed Devils

Post#21 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:54 am

Oh cool if we are counting the 2nd lap this should be a breeze, i was only counting my first each time lol
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#22 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:33 am

DCUltrapro wrote:Oh cool if we are counting the 2nd lap this should be a breeze, i was only counting my first each time lol

in just about every race series/event the first lap is your warm up lap, your second lap is usually the money maker (because most start from a dig or low speed roll and the tires are not warmed up on the first lap).

I did the same on my first attempt but seen that he didn't specify a lap, knew i could get faster on a second lap (still had a few mistakes), I believe i can get high 1:29 without errors. Notice that he didn't specify the lap or lap count, Just that you had to post up the fastest time.

Just waiting for you to post that second lap time so i can counter it.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#23 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:01 am

I'll give it another go when I get home from work

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#24 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 am

1208110422.jpg

Here is another time improvement, still had a mess up. i should be able to get in the high 1:29s if i can keep from screwing up.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#25 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:14 am

madmax2069 wrote:in just about every race series/event the first lap is your warm up lap, your second lap is usually the money maker (because most start from a dig or low speed roll and the tires are not warmed up on the first lap).

I did the same on my first attempt but seen that he didn't specify a lap, knew i could get faster on a second lap (still had a few mistakes), I believe i can get high 1:29 without errors. Notice that he didn't specify the lap or lap count, Just that you had to post up the fastest time.

Just waiting for you to post that second lap time so i can counter it.

Posted. You are correct about the laps. You may use the time from any of the three laps. It isn't a loophole or anything, I meant it to be that way.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#26 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Here's my latest entry. A good improvement upon my first. Not good enough for first but I've moved up to 2nd at least.

PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#27 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:46 pm

I give up on this horse shit, its now offiically the most soul destroyingly annoying fucking thing I've ever tried to do. 3+ hours of monotonous racing round and round the same track with constant shit collision, retarded ai, ridiculous invisible walls, obstacles and CONSTANT steering lock up, literally I'll be turning round a long bend then the car will just suddenly drive off straight, no reason, no obstacle, nothing just steering round a bend and then fuck I'm dead cos the crappy fucking game decides my steering has locked up. I'm done, bored of it and sick of it sorry but its just shit I think I'd actually rather piss glass than play this game again

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#28 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:05 pm

Sheesh, take a deep breath Ultrapro! Go to your happy place! :lol: I hope this competition doesn't push you over the edge and make you burn your Dreamcast collection or anything! I can see the headline now:

"Man burns collection of video games in fit of rage. Danced around fire chanting 'Speed Devils is evil. Speed Devils is evil' over and over."
PSO Characters:

madmax2069
drunken sailor

Post#29 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:39 pm

DCUltrapro wrote:I give up on this horse shit, its now offiically the most soul destroyingly annoying fucking thing I've ever tried to do. 3+ hours of monotonous racing round and round the same track with constant shit collision, retarded ai, ridiculous invisible walls, obstacles and CONSTANT steering lock up, literally I'll be turning round a long bend then the car will just suddenly drive off straight, no reason, no obstacle, nothing just steering round a bend and then fuck I'm dead cos the crappy fucking game decides my steering has locked up. I'm done, bored of it and sick of it sorry but its just shit I think I'd actually rather piss glass than play this game again

Just step back and take a deep breath, no need to get worked up. Yeah the game has a lot of issues, but you probably need change your driving strategy if it isn't working out to overcome the games faults, Your fighting the game so hard that its actually making you screw up, sit back and take a breather and try again and change up and learn those spots and try to turn in different locations, because it can be done.

Being smooth (knowing how far to press on the thumb stick during a turn or before a turn without pressing too hard in many locations) and knowing when not to turn and when to turn and timing on when to use the NOS is the key to this game (to not run into these issues). If you run into a spot on which you can not turn or it spins out (there is quite a few of them) remember that spot and turn before it, or after it, or let up on the thumb stick slightly just before it so that your car is moving mostly straight over that spot.

This game is buggy, but to me that only adds to the challenge of this game and makes it more rewarding when you show it whose boss. Don't let it beat you and keep trying, i know you can do it. Yeah this game pisses me off a lot at times as well.

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol

Post#30 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:17 pm

thanks for the tips etc but I'm not exactly a noob at this game I've completed its story mode several times, its just irritating trying to improve your time when on the second lap I seem to get a really good time right up until when that fucking bus starts throwing shit at me and then I'm just totally fucked. And if it doesn't get me there it gets me on the bridge. I aint doing this one again