Sega to Build Indoor Theme Parks

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#1 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:03 pm

SEGA CORPORATION, a global leader in technology-based interactive entertainment, and Emaar Malls Group, the shopping mall subsidiary of Dubai-based Emaar Properties, have entered into a partnership to develop and operate indoor theme parks in malls in the Middle East and North Africa.

The partnership’s first project will be a two-level, 76,000-square-foot indoor gaming and entertainment center in the Dubai Mall, located in downtown Dubai. The companies said the complex will feature “high-adrenaline, action-packed attractions that will appeal to children and adults alike” and be based on Sega’s entertainment development in Japan called “Tokyo Joypolis.”

It will introduce a full lineup of Sega’s headline ride attractions, including motion ride simulators, an indoor roller coaster, and one of the largest assortments of games found anywhere in the world. Themed zones will provide various kinds of adventures, with one focusing on sports experiences, another on speed thrills, and another on redemption games for younger visitors.

“Entertainment is about living dreams,” said Hajime Satomi, president and CEO of SEGA Corporation, in a An artist’s rendering of a possible Sega indoor entertainment complex statement about the partnership. “It is about experiencing joy and culture. In joining with a company of Emaar’s stature and power, we hope to convey the pleasure and excitement inspired by great entertainment to people all over the world.” Visit www.sega.com.

http://www.iaapa.org/industry/funworld/ ... yNotes.asp
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Sega to Build Indoor Theme Parks

Post#2 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Nice work as always, Coolinator! I hope we get to catch up with each other online soon. A Sega theme park in the continent of Africa sounds cool. I hope they do not abandon them like they did to the USA and Europe.

I still hate them for what they have done to Dreamcast, us dedicated fans and Sonic. They could have treated us better than they have done (I'll stop there).
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

TheCoolinator
Vagabond

Post#3 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:44 am

^ True

I think I may fiddle with trying to sign online tonight. Problem is that I have to buy a DC Keyboard. They are surprisingly cheap though.

EDIT: Yea, after re-reading your post I began to get pretty pissed off about how crappy Sega treated its greatest invention. Also the way they shafted their fans / customers is just unforgivable.

I mean they could have trickled out some titles for a while just to appease the people who bought their console but instead they pretended in never existed in the first place and wasted their money frivilously on these ridiculous adventures.
"Gaps do not get filled by ignoring them"

"Well, see these men follow no man but me......and I follow no man at all."

http://the-coolinator-lounge.blogspot.com/

Impulse
Admin

Post#4 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks for digging this up. It's really interesting.

Funny that sega.com actually doesn't mention anything about this. I'm sure we will never see these parks in North America. This could be really good for sega or really bad. Maybe they'll get their profits back up and do something better with the business.

By the way, Sega Sammy Holdings Inc. Stock is at 9.70 USD.
-Impulse

AussieDC
lithium

Post#5 » Thu May 07, 2009 12:41 am

Sydney, Australia had a Sega world that closed in about 2000 after they failed to get attendance numbers they thought they would because of the Sydney 2000 Olympic games.

Official site is still running: but its kinda spooky in my opinion
http://gaming.chronomagister.com/fanums/sws/archived/segaworld/index.html
Looking for
-Sega Karaoke
-Dreameye