TYPING OF THE DEAD PROBLEM! HELP!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
marcbwp22
shadow

TYPING OF THE DEAD PROBLEM! HELP!

Post#1 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Hey, I have an issue I could use some help with. Basically I have recently acquired a Dreamcast keyboard and wish to play Typing Of The Dead but there is no PAL version (if I'm wrong please correct me). I have watched plenty of videos about creating your own CDR's to play on your Dreamcast. I was just wondering if it was possible to write this game to be played on a PAL system as otherwise my keyboard is going to be sitting there getting very little use. Please help if you can. It would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

marcbwp22
shadow

Re: TYPING OF THE DEAD PROBLEM! HELP!

Post#2 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Also, I understand I am probably wrong about the PAL version existing. I'm not a heavy collector so not entirely sure. If anyone has a copy they are willing to sell for a reasonable price please let me know.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:53 pm

Correct. It was not released for PAL territories. The game can be found rather cheap for the US version (and brand new to boot!), so importing is an option for you (as well the JPN release, as I'm sure phrases are spelled in Japanese and in English!).
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#4 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Nothing would need to be changed for the game to run in your PAL system. You can freely download games of any region, burn them, and play them in your Dreamcast. There may be display issues due to the different refresh rates of the PAL region, but it won't hurt to download an NTSC-U or J copy an give it a try.

marcbwp22
shadow

Post#5 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:06 am

Awesome thank you. Where is the best place/programmes to use for burning this on a mac? I have to ISO already.

sega_SHARK
photon blast

Post#6 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:09 am

Buy a cheap laptop running windows XP. Sorry, I love my Mac, but we dont have decent burning programs unless you are running some classic version of the OS.
Say Guh

marcbwp22
shadow

Post#7 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm

Managed to sort it out after all. Used CDIrip and Toaster Titanium. Works a treat. Tested a few titles (PAL and US) and all work fine on my PAL console. Brilliant!

sega_SHARK
photon blast

Post#8 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:33 pm

O_o
What operating system do you have installed on your mac?
Say Guh

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post#9 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:27 pm

Wow, I've never gotten DC games to burn properly in OS X. Haven't tried it for 7 years or so, might be better methods now...

devilhunter
dark night

Post#10 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:54 pm

You guys could just emulate win xp and burn with discjuggler. OSX burning software is ass to burn dc games.
It's Thinking...