Sonic Adventure 2

A section to post your reviews of Dreamcast games. See rules for details.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Rating System: Please include a rating on the scale from 1 to 10. Make sure to put the name of the game in the topic title (game name must be first in the title) Example: 'Toy Racer Review by yadayadagames'. Also include a poll with options 1-10 other users can rate the game (you can add our own subtitles for each ranking or leave it blank). Example: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtop ... f=34&t=789
MegaSegaFan
shadow

Sonic Adventure 2

Post#1 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:26 pm

I'll begin simply by stating I own both Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, and please do not take my commentary the wrong way, I love both games but there are some things I liked better in the first installment. With all aside here it goes.

Sonic Adventure 2, from an overlook quite a wonderful game. Nothing is better then playing a Sonic game on a Sega console.. I remember playing it the first time back on it's release, there were some things I liked, but some I didn't

The first thing I noticed was you had virtually no control over who you played as, in the first sonic adventure you could choose storylines from x amount of characters, now I think Sega was trying to give the classic feel of sonic going through zones and progressing through the game.. but quite honestly I liked the free world better in the first.. I liked being able to control where I went, and choosing what I wanted to do.

Another thing.. in order to go to the chao garden, you have to find an icon in the stage.. this I kind of found annoying, not that I obsess over the chao's but I liked to go and feed, train them as I saw fit not roam around a level looking for the icon to access it...

Now on to minor things before I really get into it... Sound.. Sound in Sonic adventure 2 was wonderful, just like the first one, it had the same vocalist from the first.. which is funny because I never knew he was the singer from a group called Hardline (Will provide a link for that.)

Sound was smooth, not scratchy, the songs were catchy, energetic and just full of awesome, just like the first sonic adventure.. now Graphic wise I saw alot of smoother improvements, nothing to really be jawdropped over but it was nice to see Sega put alot of effort into it, which you would hope they would Sonic was and is their mascot.

This is my first review really so be a bit easy on me, criticism is welcomed of course, just don't be plain mean to me, dealt with that enough on other sites ha ha.

But as an overall for the story, for the classic sonic feel it was great, if you were used to sonic adventure 1 it made me feel controlled as I had no choice in what I could do.. Also the option to play as the baddies was fun indeed...

overall I would give Sonic Adventure a 4/5 with room for improvement, great game, only complaints are minor and just personal things that didn't do it as much for me as the first game. Personally though a good game to pick up and play, usually the feel you get with most sonic games that were made during Sega's hardware days..

PS here is the link with the vocalist who did the tracks for sonic adventures back in the early 90s at the end of the hair metal days.~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ6sR0UBvDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lJw3MlaUmo

"Sega the Challenge is still here...Welcome to the next level!~"

SonicBoom83
rebel

Re: My take on Sonic Adventure 2

Post#2 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:55 am

Sonic Adventure 2 is my favorite game of all time! :lol: i know people have issues with the camera among other thins but I love the story i understand that the treasure hunting levels are kinda a buzz kill but ill never enjoyed playing threw a game more and was never more satisfied beating a game. :D
#KeepDreaming

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:56 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 was played by my kids today....their Wii sat all alone again.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:52 pm

I actually liked the hunting levels. In multiplayer, I used to play my brother in meteor herd several times in a row. I always thought that level in particular was a great showcase of the Dreamcast hardware's capabilities. Didn't enjoy the shooting levels as much. Slow bulky projectile combat is like the opposite of the sonic the hedgehog experience to me. At least with the hunting levels, you can run and glide relatively fast while searching for the emeralds.

grimmythereaper
photon blast

Post#5 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:31 pm

i love this game its on my top 10 list, but so is the gamecube version. I love the sonic/shadow race at the end of that version
they call me Hadoken because im down right fierce