smokeing

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: smokeing

Post#21 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:43 am

It's all in your head and has EVERYTHING to do with what character you have (strong/weak). Before my kid was born I used to be a weekly a regular drug user for ages (alcohol, fags, weed, shrooms, pills, lsd, coke, mescaline, you name it...) I mostly combined 4 things or so too when we went out, yet I never got addicted and when the time to give it all up was there (I don't think drugs and kids go together ;) ), I just ended it, even threw my ciggies away, and that was that. Same goes for the missus, she was a heavy drinker (could outdrink any guy I knew), sleeping pills, anti depressants, smoked profusely, but when she got pregnant, she just quit all that shit in one week.
I still drink every now and then (once or twice a month), but that's it.

It was fun while it lasted, but I wouldn't recommend any of that shit to anyone, coz most folks simply can't cope with it and are hooked after a few months...and let's not kid ourselves, it's a nasty unhealthy habit...

Just my 2 cents
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#22 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Plus you never know what the future holds, why put your health at risk? As humans, we go through enough (at times). Why add on more to worry about or that extra expense that you DON'T NEED.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

krssn
Metallic

Post#23 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Radkin wrote:Plus you never know what the future holds, why put your health at risk? As humans, we go through enough (at times). Why add on more to worry about or that extra expense that you DON'T NEED.

The future holds death. Might as well try to enjoy the time that comes before that...

Also, drugs aren't always bad. They can be therapeutic, or just plain simple fun. Sometimes not taking drugs will kill your (mental) health more than taking them. They can lift us up, make us forget all the shit in our daily lives and give us moments of temporary (or less temporary) enlightenment / peace...

As for putting your health at risk. We do it every day. Eating grain-fed meats and fruits. Eating vegetables treated with pesticides. Taking medication. Going outside in traffic. Breathing polluted air. Using cellphones. Working too much. Having sex. Sitting on your toilet instead of squatting. Wearing underwear that makes your balls overheat. Riding a bike which is bad for your genitalia (and prostate if you have one). Wearing shoes. Etc...

The only thing that can be bad about drugs is using too much of them or use them too frequently. Then again, doing too much of something is never good. Even water can kill you if you drink too much of it in a short period of time...
Last edited by krssn on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#24 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:47 am

So yeah, we're exposed to all sorts of unhealty shit every day, so why add more :mrgreen:
As for the therapeutic drug use, adrenaline works in the same way, and our body makes that shit on its own.

Agree with you on the shoes though, I only wear em 4 months a year or so, during winter. The other 8 months I wear flip flops even when it rains, I only put on shoes in that period, when I go to a festival or go skating or so...does wonders for my feet
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#25 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:02 am

Dr. Pariolo actually has a reasonably point. Smoke is mainly constituted by carbon particles, which are toxic, so if you inhale any kind of smoke, you are poisoning your organism no matter what other particles the smoke contains.
What you can argue is, that are some types of smoke that are less poisonous than others (but none is more or less healthy, that's a wrong concept).

The same thing goes with barbecue for example, when you eat burnt meat, you are actually ingesting carbon. When you burn something, the only thing that remains is carbon, all other particles are consumed during the combustion and carbon is the result of that process, matter (meat in this case) becomes black because carbon atoms are black.

It feels good, but it's poisonous nonetheless.

Return to “Off Topic”