New member central North Carolina.

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

New member central North Carolina.

Post#1 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:40 pm

New here. Not new to the console. Hoping to contribute. Glad to see there is still interest in the Happy White Fun Box.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

Searching for EGG, SFA3, and ANY GENESIS/CD/32X games.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Re: New member central North Carolina.

Post#2 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:36 pm

Welcome to DC-Talk! We hope you enjoy discussing DC over here.

I like to think of the Dreamcast as a little white John F. Kennedy. I also like to think that the PS2 is Lee Harvey Oswald.
"Sonic was never good, and if you disagree, you can call the cops."

-Some plebs at IGN

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:49 am

Thanks for the welcoming words. I figure I've been lurking long enough and I've really gotten serious about my collection recently.
Currently sucking at: The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Road Rash II and Pirates! Gold

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#4 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:10 am

It's always nice to keep your Dreamcast happy though, right? :)

-Some plebs at IGN

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:42 am

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your time here. We have all kinds of people in this community that will be glad to assist you. We also have online game support for the few games that are still online.

There are still new Dreamcast games that are being developed, so it's not a dead console.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#6 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:45 pm

I'm trying now to get the fighting games covered. I have a modest collection now but it's expanding weekly. When support was pulled by Sega a local Sears had a fire sale and I bought four systems and a boat load of games. I traded off most it for GameCube stuff, but kept at least one of everything I had. Through various thefts and moves I lost a lot of the gems though. I'm sitting at 37 North American releases, 7 Japanese and 1 Pal with two consoles, three controllers, 7 VMUs and 2 third party jump packs. Biggest piece of hardware on the list I want to pick up is the official white and green arcade stick.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#7 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:36 am

That's a nice collection you have there! Well, at least better than mine...

...let's just say Dreamcast games are scarce where I'm around. :)

-Some plebs at IGN

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#8 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:05 pm

We have two stores here but the selection is rather paltry. I use ebay mostly. However there is a cheap copy of Mark of wolves at one of the stores so I may scoop it up. I'm keeping the game purchases down to under ten bucks a pop though. I've managed a few stellar deals though. Including THPS 1&2 for 13 bucks and Japanese Bangioh for 1.75 with 3.50 shipping. I honestly think I only got that because the guy who sold it misspelled the japanese name of the game by forgetting to add a space.

hudsthinking1999
Feet of Fury

Post#9 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:36 pm

My local flea market has almost no Dreamcast stuff. But I did manage to get a copy of Ecco (Genesis, $5) and NBA Action '94 ($6). That last one was on my eye for quite some time. This other guy was selling a lot of PS stuff, so I got some of those. And embarrassingly went overboard. Luckily, he just gave me some of them for free. Sweet!

I even bought a PS2 from him...

...which stopped working 2 days after.
Last edited by hudsthinking1999 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Some plebs at IGN

FinedrivE
dirty sailor

Post#10 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:12 pm

I never had issues with song consoles. Microsoft on the other hand will never recieve another penny from me.