E3 2015

Discuss anything not covered in the sections above here.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Radkin
PSOaholic

E3 2015

Post#1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Every year I like to make a post about E3. I enjoy reading everyone's feelings, point of views, interests, etc. I am behind on a lot of the news due to work and the my daily schedule. I did listen to the PS4 press conference at work. I'm actually surprisingly looking forward to what they have to offer. Especially excited about Last Guardian and the FF7 remake! Currently listening to the Squre Enix stream as I write this. Nothing too impressive there so far in my opinion.

I am really happy Microsoft decided to make the XBox one backwards compatible. If I ever wanted to purchase one, this would make it much more worth while.

It's a pleasure to see an attempt for Shenmue 3 is finally being made and to see they've already exceeded their 2 million dollar goal with 31 days to go. I have to be honest though, I will not be donating. I hope it is everything the fans want, but I would like to wait and see the outcome/aftermath. Glad to see the hype and endless discussion over this in our community. Lots of good points and I am happy to see some of you have already donated.

What I am iffy on is the World of Final Fantasy Square Enix is releasing. I'm just not feeling it. It's like Animal Crossing/Nitendo Mi's World meets Final Fantasy. I like they took a new approach, I'm just not pleased with the cutesy tiny characters. I understand they want a new visual experience for the gamers and it will attract a younger crowd and I do think that's great. Just not for me.

Not sure how I feel about the new Destiny. I felt the first was terrible and I never was excited about it in the first place. I hope it has improved.

I have to catch up on the Xbox conference. If anyone wants to fill me in, please do!

That's all I have for now. I am actually excited this year. It's been a long time since I've really been looking forward to any games.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: E3 2015

Post#2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:16 pm

It's great to see that one of our favorite Dreamcast games is still in great demand. If all goes well, Shenmue III will get it's first release on both the Sony PlayStation platform and the PC. It will also be the only version not to make it on the Dreamcast.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

GameOverYeah
Graffiti Grind

Post#3 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:18 am

^ What if there is a kickstarter for a Dreamcast port? :)

Radkin
PSOaholic

Post#4 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:07 am

That would be up to Yu Suzuki...and I honestly don't have much faith in that happening. The Dreamcast is a system that no longer wants to be supported.

Realistically, all we DC fans could do is create a petition to make the dream come true.
Regards,
Radkin

DC-Talk Store
My Youtube

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#5 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:29 am

Seeing that the original budget for Shenmue 1 & 2 combined is somewhere in the 80 million dollar region, it would not be unreasonable to think it would cost around 20~40 million to make the third installment based on the old engine and assets. So just hypothetical speaking, in order to get Shenmue III to Dreamcast we would need to raise at least that amount. So forget it, unless every single Dreamcast owner around the world chips in around 4€ ;)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#6 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

It's sad for me to even think of the E3 shows without the Dreamcast. The current system graphics and games are more advanced but most of the games seem to be bad repeats or just "all about the graphics" (no fun game play). I realize the fact that others may not agree and that is fine, it's just I'm at a point where new games seem like I've seen them before or the creativity is just not there.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Caspian
core

Post#7 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Seeing that in 2015 the major announcements from Sony include a remake of FF7 & a sequel to Shenmue, that does not tell much on how video games have evolved during the last 10-15 years apart from the graphics and the sound.

Return to “Off Topic”