How To: Get Online with DreamPi

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: How To: Get Online with DreamPi

Post#71 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:34 pm

ncman071 wrote:i am absolutely interested in that ...would gladly pay the $60

I am very satisfied with the one I bought.. I still plan to build another one myself...

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#72 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:07 pm

ncman071 wrote:i am absolutely interested in that ...would gladly pay the $60

Sounds good! I'll sent you a PM when I have everything. I can't guarantee it but likely it'll be within the next two weeks.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Post#73 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:20 pm

awesome!! just watched some of youryoutube videos...really enjoyed them

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#74 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:49 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Here's my new USB-powered line voltage inducer. It's basically the Lamborghini of LVIs with high quality phone cable with gold plated contacts, hot glue reinforced internal components, and marine-quality adhesive-lined shrink tube. You could probably use this sucker underwater! :lol: I'll have some up for sale on Dreamcast Live once I have a good amount of them made. For anyone wanting to build their own, this is the 9v USB step up cable I use.

Since apparently PAL DC modems need 2 9V batteries, I presume that the power through USB solution won't work on a PAL DC, right?

Looks like there's also a 12V step-up USB adaptor, does anyone know if this works or are the 18V really needed?

Xiden
Developer

Post#75 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:31 pm

Raen wrote:
pcwzrd13 wrote:Here's my new USB-powered line voltage inducer. It's basically the Lamborghini of LVIs with high quality phone cable with gold plated contacts, hot glue reinforced internal components, and marine-quality adhesive-lined shrink tube. You could probably use this sucker underwater! :lol: I'll have some up for sale on Dreamcast Live once I have a good amount of them made. For anyone wanting to build their own, this is the 9v USB step up cable I use.

Since apparently PAL DC modems need 2 9V batteries, I presume that the power through USB solution won't work on a PAL DC, right?

Looks like there's also a 12V step-up USB adaptor, does anyone know if this works or are the 18V really needed?

PCWizrd13 is the best to ask for that one. I would think you need an 18v but im not sure. I do know you could get a USA dialup modem and then you could use 9v usb solution :)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#76 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:59 pm

Raen wrote:Since apparently PAL DC modems need 2 9V batteries, I presume that the power through USB solution won't work on a PAL DC, right?

You are correct. PAL modems require a minimum of 18v unfortunately.
PSO Characters:

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#77 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:48 am

Xiden wrote:I do know you could get a USA dialup modem and then you could use 9v usb solution :)

I forgot that there's always that option, thanks for reminding me :)

Thanks guys, I already had a LVI built a long time ago (only for a single 9V battery), but never ended up really using it as I couldn't establish a PC-DC server on a Toshiba A300 laptop that I have that has a built in software modem (always became stuck at some Linux instructions that apparently didn't do a thing).

I'm going to buy a Pi 3 so that was really one of my last concerns.

Raen
Toy Commander

Post#78 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 am

Sorry for the double post, but this way I get the attention of you guys.

Does the Jap counterpart HKT-7100 modem work with 9V?
There's a shortage of NTSC-U modems at the moment on eBay (at least in Europe).

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#79 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:43 am

Raen wrote:Does the Jap counterpart HKT-7100 modem work with 9V?

No idea. A lot of people have asked that same question but I guess no one has tried it yet. I have a Japanese Dreamcast but it's the one without the modem (just a filler plastic piece) so I'm unable to test it.
PSO Characters:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#80 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:29 am

Hey Wiz, I just tried updating Dreampi on my Mac for the first time, here are my findings: you download ApplePi Baker (free) here, put your SD card in your mac, open Pi Baker, browse to the Dreampi image, and click "Restore Backup", the image now gets "baked" to your SD card (takes 2 or 3 minutes)...that's it. Just updated to Dreampi 1.5 & it all works just fine, just been on Vega to test it out.

Piece of cake erm...pi :lol: :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here