[SOLVED] PSO v2 Online Woes (Schthack)

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.
dreamyjelly
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online ver. 2 [Server: Schthack; Player Name: pocky; Class: FOnewearl]

Re: PSO v2 Online Woes

Post by dreamyjelly »

Aleron Ives wrote:The network errors message specifically means that the HL check failed, so you must have used the wrong code or entered it incorrectly.
Well, I'm sure I'm doing everything right. But just in case.. Here's how I did the CodeBreaker codes: (images spoiled for space/less image spam)
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
Then I start up the game, go in the web settings to ensure the DNS settings are all okay:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
I get this far, which, I checked, it doesn't go this far unless the DNS settings are correct for Schthack:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
And again greeted with this message after it freezes for a minute or so:
ABBC3_SPOILER_SHOW
If anything I'm doing is wrong, I'd like to know >.< But it all seems correct to me?

BlueCrab
Developer

Post by BlueCrab »

As I said before, you need to use the enable code and the code to direct to the server you want to play on.

You cannot just use the HL Check Disable code -- you need at least the enable code as well.

On dialup, quite often setting the DNS does nothing, which is why you'd also potentially need the server code.

dreamyjelly
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online ver. 2 [Server: Schthack; Player Name: pocky; Class: FOnewearl]

Post by dreamyjelly »

BlueCrab wrote:As I said before, you need to use the enable code and the code to direct to the server you want to play on.

You cannot just use the HL Check Disable code -- you need at least the enable code as well.

On dialup, quite often setting the DNS does nothing, which is why you'd also potentially need the server code.
Well, I added the Enable Code, and tried with and without the Schthack connect code, and I got the same result twice.

"Attempt to connect to the server has failed. It is possible that the server is undergoing maintenance. The line will be disconnected."

The website shows the ships as online, so I dunno what the problem is now... Jeez, this game lol

brunovieira90
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All Games!

Post by brunovieira90 »

Aleron Ives wrote:The network errors message specifically means that the HL check failed, so you must have used the wrong code or entered it incorrectly.

Hello Alerion! how are you?
Let me take the opportunity to ask you a question.
There is a cdi image, produced by you, that makes the connection correctly with the sylverant server, without the need for codebreaker codes. However, I read in the notes that there are other changes besides the connection route with the server, such as an improvement in the audio that went from being 32khz as in the original gd to 44khz as in the xbox version, and changing the closing song to a lyrical version. Is there a version produced by you, which is exactly identical to the original version (without these sound improvements, and alteration of the final song), with the exception of altering the connection route? From now on, I leave my thanks for the great work. Thanks to the work of you and the others involved, I was able to have a lot of fun. You are amazing.

Aleron Ives
Outrun
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Phantasy Star Online Ver.2

Post by Aleron Ives »

brunovieira90 wrote:Is there a version produced by you [...] with the exception of altering the connection route?
No. Sylverant is the only server with players, so it's the default. You can still redirect the game using codes or your own DNS server, e.g. for LAN play.
"Fear the HUnewearl."

brunovieira90
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All Games!

Post by brunovieira90 »

Aleron Ives wrote:
brunovieira90 wrote:Is there a version produced by you [...] with the exception of altering the connection route?
No. Sylverant is the only server with players, so it's the default. You can still redirect the game using codes or your own DNS server, e.g. for LAN play.

my wish doesn't make a lot of sense, since your version has major improvements. I was only interested in traditional closing music, but I will then follow the codes for the sylverant route in the original gd file.thank you very much for taking my question, and congratulations on the good work.

dreamyjelly
rebel

Post by dreamyjelly »

Gonna chat it up with some people from Schthack to see if I can get anywhere further. Still can't seem to access the forums, but we'll see how it goes.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSOv2
Quake 3 Arena
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket
Ooga Booga
And more

Post by Nico0020 »

Iirc, you can't have your codes on the same VMU as ur PSO save file. PSOv2 will disable the codes at start.

So wait for PSO to boot, remove the VMU with your codes and put in your VMU with your character.

Also not much a point of playing on Schthack with v2. No one plays there with v2 at all. That place is a shell of it's former self sadly.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

dreamyjelly
rebel

Post by dreamyjelly »

Nico0020 wrote:Iirc, you can't have your codes on the same VMU as ur PSO save file. PSOv2 will disable the codes at start.

So wait for PSO to boot, remove the VMU with your codes and put in your VMU with your character.

Also not much a point of playing on Schthack with v2. No one plays there with v2 at all. That place is a shell of it's former self sadly.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
That seems like a weirdly hacky way of doing things, but I tried it and no dice. Still get the message about it undergoing maintenance..

dreamyjelly
rebel

Post by dreamyjelly »

Got it working!! Apologies for double posting, but I contacted the peeps over at Schthack, and the guy in charge wrote up some new CodeBreaker codes that work now! Mad thanks to Kayak from the Discord for helping me out!! New codes for anyone wanting to also connect to Schthack:

Enable Code:
116F90D5
C0705040
19C7D212
1D2C10FE
0000D003
1D34D0FE
1D44D0FE
0009000B
1D54D0FE
1D64D0FE
AC937978

Disable HL Verification:
E000000B

Server DNS:
0E0AADCC
0001002C
002EC50B
022EC50C
022EC510
6E64642E
022EC514
656D2E73
022EC518

Gonna mark this as solved now. Thanks for y'all's input too, it helped a bunch :D