Interview with Frederick Raynal on Agartha

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
cloofoofoo
Crazy Taxi!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO-SCHtACK

Re: Interview with Frederick Raynal on Agartha

Post by cloofoofoo »

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Jenkins wrote: SEGA Europe himself spread this rumor. :D

Please take a look at the official promo cover of Argatha:
http://www.sega-dc.de/dreamcast/Agartha
Are you sure that's an official cover? It looks fan-made to me. Regardless, the head honcho himself says there were no online features planned.
Its an official pack shot from the dreamcast premiere press disc, so yeah that cover while being a temp is directly for sega.Gunvalkyrie had one just like it too.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

cloofoofoo wrote: Its an official pack shot from the dreamcast premiere press disc, so yeah that cover while being a temp is directly for sega.Gunvalkyrie had one just like it too.
Hmmm, why they put "Online Gaming" on the front of it is beyond me then.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

I've seen promo / pre-release covers for PAL games that even DID get releases, touting non-existent online play. For example, Headhunter.

Evil Twin

Gigawing

All these titles have no online functions whatsoever, even no web browser to go to the game homepage. Sega Europe was just being dumb and the graphic artist was probably given a template that included the online functions bar.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

dark wrote:I've seen promo / pre-release covers for PAL games that even DID get releases, touting non-existent online play. For example, Headhunter.
Actually, Headhunter was supposed to have online play but they rushed the game out so it never got implemented. I forget why but I heard about it in some YouTube video I watched.
PSO Characters:

CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Post by CD AGES »

Sega Europe was just being dumb and the graphic artist was probably given a template that included the online functions bar.
Yup! Sounds like typical Sega Europe shinanigans to me! :lol:
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Wombat
Vagabond

Post by Wombat »

The Headhunter online mode was supposed to contain mutliplayer motorraces.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Wombat wrote:The Headhunter online mode was supposed to contain mutliplayer motorraces.
That would have been a cool addition. I hope they were planning on have some longer tracks to race on since the roads in the game are extremely short.
PSO Characters:

dark
Shark Patrol

Post by dark »

Maybe there are some tracks hidden in the game that could be accessible through gameshark - I remember there was stuff like that in some gamecube games, where there would be some stuff left over that was otherwise inaccessible.