Fist of the North Star (JP) / Hokuto no Ken

abee263
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: pso

Re: Fist of the North Star (JP) / Hokuto no Ken

Post by abee263 »

i've play latest gdi of this game using gdemu clone, and found this glitch/bugs (maybe)
when using raoh, his one hit kill special move triggered the glitch
sometimes just glitches his character sprite and the game still running, or sometimes glitches his caharacter sprite and game is freeze

trekts
dark night

Post by trekts »

NeoSnk wrote:This is weird, I have my Dreamcast on for more than one hour. Played it and still no craches!

I uploaded the new version all together here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IHxmks ... sp=sharing
Hey, thanks for this.

This one also crashed for me. Twice. 1st crash happened after the first match, second crash happened in the beginning of the 1st round of the 2nd match.

RetrOrigin
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, mainly play single player games

Post by RetrOrigin »

Did a full playtrough with Rei on my USB-GDROM and MODE, performed the super several times during each fight and left the ending credits and attract mode running with no issues this time around.
My Youtube channels:
RetrOrigin (English channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ0PXN ... d7dDD-_GjQ
PolyXtation (Spanish channel):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKbD8 ... nC5lwJCDAQ

iron_chief
rebel

Post by iron_chief »

I'm still getting freezing on GDemu clone unfortunately. Judging by the comments, I may be an outlier. All the other ports work great, so a small price to pay. Trying to find my serial SD adapter to further test.

trekts
dark night

Post by trekts »

Froze twice for me on the title screen.

dxen1
fire

Post by dxen1 »

Authentic GDemu is fine here.

sosafire
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: I don't play in onlione but in homebrews!

Post by sosafire »

excellent game,

I however found two bugs, one was during the game screen, while waiting for the intro the game hangs. And the second one that I found was during the fight where I was playing Rey against thouther, when I had him made a fury that remained frozen too!

Otherwise continue like this you are at the top megavolt85! ^^

qupe75
photon blast
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Unfortunately none at the minute.

Post by qupe75 »

I have just tried the new one from the 1st page and used the new build of redream updated today. Got to the 4th stage and no issues, used 4 different characters there and still no issues. I'll try and play to completion but as much as I like fighters I suck at the moves.

limwer
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy star

Post by limwer »

Noob question.

Do I need a program to insert the sram file into the image? Windows does not recognize the "dd" command.

Excuse my ignorance.

Enviado desde mi Redmi 8A mediante Tapatalk

TruREALigion
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 Arena
PSO v2

Post by TruREALigion »

Yes... use DD.exe and the code taken at beginning of thread to patch your track03.iso. DD.exe file is in the Metal Slug 6 thread I believe.

Thank you Megavolt (and YZB) for making this happen. I would like to also report random freezing of this game on USB-GDrom after the first round. Other than that its great!

Question: Whats the point of people trying to play these "ports" on emulators (ie. redream). Couldn't you have just used things like Demul and emulated atomiswave games straight?

And while its nice to have custom DC covers... what is the point of this as converting these games to CDI, burning and playing off a CD-Rom will most likely cause more bugs as Atomiswave never ran on discs?