Castlevania Resurrection news..

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Loloretro
chill
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Nothings

Re: Castlevania Resurrection news..

Post by Loloretro »

I have the preparatory work (part I think) of a canceled from a Sega console. I expect to put it online in a few weeks. There are no playable versions. It's a great find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP_LvMlwi6c&t=18s

I don't know the manager's name sorry.

Vgesoterica
Uber
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star / Bomberman

Post by Vgesoterica »

lets hope the owner is the sharing type lol

Vgesoterica
Uber

Post by Vgesoterica »

Anthony817 wrote:What the actual fuck!? I am speechless! Also, there is another build of Half-Life that he found last week as well that could be the fabled Katana version before they switched over to Windows CE!

Source: https://www.obscuregamers.com/threads/h ... post-22285
The question is will any of it ever get dumped? Every time I read these stories I think "is this the last we will ever hear of it"?

I've dumped plenty of stuff and I love releasing fun unseen things for others to enjoy but I have to remind myself not everyone has the same mindset and that Castlevania disc may go to the highest offer and never be seen again.

It's happened too many times. There is still one 3DO M2 demo I've tried to buy for release for years...zero luck. Offered 3K for an ISO to share...didn't work lol

Esppiral
MegaDeath

Post by Esppiral »

We are never going to get it are we?

Vgesoterica
Uber

Post by Vgesoterica »

Esppiral wrote:We are never going to get it are we?
Who knows. I’d say 9/10 times it’s never heard from again with prototypes so...I’m not keeping my hopes up.

Maybe I’m cynical but the way the story has unfolded with “permissions to show video” sounds like it’ll go to the highest bidder and never be seen again.

Man I wish I had the $$ to buy it (if it’s offered) and dump it for the community.

bingobongo
fire
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, SOA, JSR :)

Post by bingobongo »

This is a fantastic find - I still remember the French website (mentioned earlier) that sold (or offered the disc for sale) for 1000 Euros. I also thought it was a fake, but I also thought we'd never see this at all!

Incredible detective work from Laurent, as always. I know others have also asked here, but what do you know about Dee Dee Planet? Do you think there are copies in collectors' hands?

It's amazing that after all these years there are now a handful of games/demos that we now know for sure do exist on the Dreamcast. They may not be dumped but at least their existence is confirmed. Let's be honest here, how much 'fun' would you get out of Castlevania? It's clearly not finished and wouldn't keep you busy for more than half an hour looking at the video. I think the proof of its existence is more than enough - even if the owner does sell to the highest bidder and it disappears. It's a tech-demo, not much more. It's exactly what I expected would appear "if" it ever appeared.

gamesreup
killer

Post by gamesreup »

Just thought I'd add my little summary vid here if anyone wants to check it out

mkandersson1082
MegaDeath

Post by mkandersson1082 »

I'm really hoping this gets released to the public in the near future; I've been a big fan of Castlevania since experiencing Symphony of the Night on PSX.

colgate
Doom
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO

Post by colgate »

Dirge Of Ram
Prince of Persia
Dreamcast Games you play Online: No GGPO Fightcade For Me.

Post by Dirge Of Ram »

Konami certainly had faith in Dance Dance Revolution and Pop'N Music being on the system first! That disc won't last forever I rather see out the last off Atomiswave games while they available.