Sonic 4 epidode 2

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012
MrSega

Re: Sonic 4 epidode 2

Post by MrSega »

@CruSega. Don't forget that the Game.com had touch screen features back in 1997.

And while I can understand some of the appeal Wii has had & can commend Nintendo for their success, I personally feel they are shooting themselves in the foot with Wii U. And its lack of Japanese 3rd party support is evidence of that.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

NeoHound. I agree that we should wait & see how things go. While I'm skeptical, I do think that Nintendo can watch & learn from other companies on how tablets works and have plenty time to implement the controller into something interesting. No doubt whatever plans SEGA had with KIDS PAD, they changed them & retooled it when they saw Wii U.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

lol my ass microsoft and sony did it to try and get that kind of crowd to ther products not cause it was so innovative and awesome and a kid isn't gonna know whats cool compared to a person thats more experienced with these products compared to kids that don't know better. most kids just think this is new i got to get it or they just follow the crowd.

trying new things is fine but selling the same product over and over again just cause little add ons is just bullshit gimmicks like they didn't think of putting the add ons in the first place.

yea dreamcast did have a gun to use for gun games which is freaking fine that was awesome but oh nintendo does it and all the sudden its innovative.
Last edited by SEGA-TUDE on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

For the record it wasnt,really kids clamoring for the wii it was they're parents buying them for kids becuz they're kid friendly...then u have celebrities saying they have them (product placement for paychecks probably) and the mindless masses follow...I'm sorry the wii is nothing innovative...its a twist on the old nintendo zap gun but kids r too young to know that and soccer moms prob didnt play nintendo to know (no offense ladies) basically nintendo cashed in on an underserved market (casual/children) at the expense of their core market...I know a lot of diehard nintendo fans that aren't holding their breath for wiiu...in fact they jus see it as another wii...it would have been easier to reclaim their core gamers and maybe interest other core gamers by ditching the wii na,e all together and using a pretty basic gimmick free controller...fps is big these days and u can't comfortably play fps on that big clunky controller...unless u wannt a casual tap the screen shooter...wohoo...

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

im not saying older people dont buy nintendo products but just about all the sells are from kids and im not knocking kids im just expressing the fact of it and i didn't say kids in general i said just about most kids. im a sega fan and ill say i had a super nintendo entertainment system and N64. ill say those were awesome systems of nintendo's kind and awesome games but i can't look at wii and be like yea that system kicks ass.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post by Comrade Snarky »

Neohound wrote:
CruSega, obviously you're correct in saying touchscreens were available before DS but my point was it was a new idea for a games console. Btw, I owned the aforementioned Newton back in the day ;) Nice idea, but not the greatest gadget I've ever owned lol
Not the greatest gadget you've ever owned? Someone didn't partake in much Newton poetry.

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Post by Hiryosuke »

SEGA-TUDE wrote:im not saying older people dont buy nintendo products but just about all the sells are from kids and im not knocking kids im just expressing the fact of it and i didn't say kids in general i said just about most kids. im a sega fan and ill say i had a super nintendo entertainment system and N64. ill say those were awesome systems of nintendo's kind and awesome games but i can't look at wii and be like yea that system kicks ass.
I agree with super nintendo...was not excited with n64...couldnt use the controller...also enjoyed gameboy until the whole ds crap...Man they ruined gameboy but I'm sure millions will disagree with me...probably millions of famboys and small children that is...

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

MrSega wrote:@NeoHound. Its not hate so much as it is skeptism. The more reports I & other non Nintendo fans hear about Wii U, the less hope we have for it.

First of all, the specs though not official were already leaked last spring. The CPU is a IBM Power PC codenamed "Wolf". Which is a stripped down version of Power 5, basically a cheap version of PS3's Emotion Engine. The GPU is a Radeon 4200 codenamed "Fox" a slightly enhanced version of RSX.

Second, the E3 launch lineup 3rd party is pretty lame. Most of these are PS3/360 ports, on Wii U, they'll only be slight enhancements, barely noticible graphically. With Xbox Loop's official public annoucement expected soon this is pathetic.

Third, though the hardware is $300 the tablet controller will add to the costs bringing the price to $450. If they sell Wii U with two $150 controllers, it'll cost $600.

I don't hate Nintendo, I like them. I love the NES,Super NES & N64 & consider the 3DS to be better than Vita. But I feel Wii is NOT the right direction they should be going in. If Nintendo wants hardcore gamers back, they should build a system that leaps over PS3, not slightly enhances it. And please drop the Wii name. That makes you sound like your trying to gimmick even more.

Those codenames were debunked as fake last year, to date the codenames for the Power based CPU and AMD Radeon HD chip have not been released by Nintendo, IBM or AMD. However the CPU in the Wii U is thought to be a multi-core chip, based off the Power 7 architecture and is comparable with the Xenon CPU in the Xbox 360, the GPU is rumored to be a member of AMD's R770 family of GPUs.
Latest rumors indicate that Nintendo are still adjusting the specs of the hardware with regard to the performance of the CPU/GPU and also the amount of memory in the system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_R700

Finally, as for your claim that the GPU in the Wii U is an improved version of the RSX, thats bogus. The RSX chip is an Nvidia design, exclusive to Sony for the PS3, RSX is basically a customized Geforce 7800 chip, both use Nvidia's G70 architecture.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/console.html

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

SEGA-TUDE wrote:im not saying older people dont buy nintendo products but just about all the sells are from kids and im not knocking kids im just expressing the fact of it and i didn't say kids in general i said just about most kids. im a sega fan and ill say i had a super nintendo entertainment system and N64. ill say those were awesome systems of nintendo's kind and awesome games but i can't look at wii and be like yea that system kicks ass.
To me trying to sell an overpriced bulky tablet controller shows that they are still trying to sell gimmicks.

And Mulberry/stu the Wii U has already been confirmed to be power by Power PC. If its implented from Power 7, that would spell trouble. It would triple development costs & make the damn thing quite expensive depending on how many L3 cores it has 4 or 6.

It has already been reported by credible sites like purenintendo that the GPU will be a Radeon 4000 series. Again, trying to configure the Power PC to preform a SoC with the Radeon 4000 series would spike development costs since the CPU would run at 45nm watts which is now considered costly.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

im not interested in nintendo products but i do check what ther up to sometimes. when i saw the reveal of the console again it looked like the same product just a little more chunky then wii. only thing that was different was the controller. finally they moved away from the dildo controllers. to me they copied the dreamcast concept of having a screen on the controller and have different use for it. the controllers look mad expensive i can imagine how easy that controller screen would break and parents aren't gonna keep buying cause ther kid cant take care of ther stuff specially expensive stuff another reason alot of people got wii was cause it was cheap. i wouldn't be surprised if the controller costed more then the console it self. sega was always the innovative one when it came to hardware. they'd tryed things no one thought of or dared to try. they were steps ahead of the console wars.