New method for connecting Dreamcast!

Online games, how to get online, and anything involving Dreamcast online can be discussed here.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: New method for connecting Dreamcast!

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Great, thanks for the info.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

Well, I managed to find a telephone line simulator for $18 shipped. Hopefully it will work. It's a Skutch AS-4. This is it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110857899674?ss ... 504wt_1396

I'm still negotiating with the seller of the R2121 but I should be able to get it for under $30.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

atreyu187
brutal
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Wait the DC is online? When did that happen? :lol:

Post by atreyu187 »

Telenet enabled but says not recognized and I can't find a hard rest button for the paper clip am I blind? Where is yours located?

brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

Post by brourke228 »

The reset button is on the bottom of the unit. There is a slit right below and to the left of the sticker on the bottom. I'm pretty sure thats it. Also, make sure that the netopia is the only thing connected to your computer until you change its IP address. If your primary router and the netopia are both 192.168.1.1 there will be an ip conflict
Regards,
brourke228

atreyu187
brutal
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Wait the DC is online? When did that happen? :lol:

Post by atreyu187 »

Ok I rest it and enable Telenet in Win7 x64 but I keep getting "telenet is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file" Is there software outside of a CMD prompt?

EDIT

please ignore I forgot to reboot and it seems to be working now

atreyu187
brutal

Post by atreyu187 »

Ok I ran into a snag and need to figure out my router firewall as it works fine when configuring with a CAT5 cable but once I use the router it is not connecting and showing port 23 as closed even though it is forwarded properly software side with Kaspersky. Now does the IP need to be say my PC IP is 10.0.0.5 does it need to be like 10.0.0.6 or does it need to match my WAP IP?

brourke228
Game Server Admin
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Only PSO v2, 4x4 Evo, Quake III Arena, StarLancer, Max Pool, Planet Ring

Post by brourke228 »

The netopia, your PC, and your primary router should all be on the same subnet because i instructed in the guide to disable NAT on the netopia. If you are using 10.0.0.x subnet you could have your primary router as 10.0.0.1, netopia as 10.0.0.2, PC as 10.0.0.5 etc.

When you say your router is not connecting youre talking about your primary router or the netopia?
Regards,
brourke228

atreyu187
brutal

Post by atreyu187 »

Hmm I will see again once inter home as I'm at work and it was 4am and i had to work at 8 so I'm a little hazy but my PC is fine and still online and i can telnet with the cat5 but once I plug the router in I can't telnet anymore. I disabled hdcp but must have missed disable Nat so that maybe where my problems lies.

brourke228
Game Server Admin

Post by brourke228 »

Once you set the IP of the netopia to the same subnet as the rest of your network you can just connect it directly to your primary router and connect your PC back to your primary router. Then you will be able to access the netopia over your LAN using telnet.
Regards,
brourke228

atreyu187
brutal

Post by atreyu187 »

I did that and it gives an error of can't open port so I think the Nat thing is what is holding me back