Official Sega Saturn NetLink Guide

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
hatwise
shadow

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide - SaturnPi

Postby hatwise » Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:45 am

Xiden wrote:
hatwise wrote:
Xiden wrote:
You can use a pal Saturn but you will need a ode, modchip, pseudo kai, or do the swap trick to play netlink games in it since they are USA ntsc region.

I recommend joining the saturn netlink matchup group on facebook. I'll probably start a fresh discord exclusively for netlink just haven't had a chance. For best results European players should only connect to other European players. Overseas matches are too slow to work currently with the voip lag. (Hopefully we eventually find a even faster method) But if you are on the same continent it works pretty well.

For netlink zone and surfing the net and checking email you will need a dreampi, you can purchase one through dreamcastlive.net :)

Thanks for the info! just one question. So to surf web on netlink i do not need VOIP adapter? I can just buy Dreampi kit and just plug and play style connect to sega saturn, setup saturn and i will be online? ia that correct?

Correct. To surf the net you only need a dreampi

Need help guys.
im trying to connect to internet via Dreampi and i do everything that is on video and all settings are right exept the passwords cause in setup video there are all hidden but i guess all passwords are word - "dreamcast". and still ive got no reply. can anyone help? i can make a video of my setup and send it to some one to guide me through. it would be really cool

hatwise
shadow

Postby hatwise » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:30 am

IMG_20191105_172944.jpg

Xiden
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All the DC games!!

Postby Xiden » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:35 pm

hatwise wrote:IMG_20191105_172944.jpg

On the modem connected to dreampi, are both lights turning on before you dial?

Is your modem modified with a line voltage inducer?

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Postby mistamontiel » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:21 pm

I see some games don't have the word Netlink accompanying em? Such as Duke, playing it lately and see no mention of it?

That something that just needs the Netlink modem inserted to tell you it's able to dial somebody and play live?

Xiden
Developer

Postby Xiden » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:30 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I see some games don't have the word Netlink accompanying em? Such as Duke, playing it lately and see no mention of it?

That something that just needs the Netlink modem inserted to tell you it's able to dial somebody and play live?

You have to have the USA version of duke.
Then you need the netlink modem inserted on game bootup

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Postby mistamontiel » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:31 am

I noticed Japan kept Daytona Circuit Edition, a non-CCE! I thought I read there is new track new course to drive but now not seeing it?

A YT commenter also says the Netlink one added Japan's CE non-CCE improvements+additions..

I'd read too that last time Daytona Netlink was spotted she flew off to some nut to his tune of $1100 :o Fuckin thing was mail-order online-order only!? Yikez

Xiden
Developer

Re: Official Sega Saturn NetLink VOIP Guide

Postby Xiden » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:59 pm

Added a few more tweaks to 2.0 guide to troubleshooting area.

Let me know if you guys have any suggestions to help improve the guide!

Greg2600
dark night

Postby Greg2600 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:28 am

I had one question, I have a dreampi, but I would still need a VOIP adapter for the Saturn?

SEGA RPG FAN
Developer
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO
Quake III
Starlancer
Alien Front Online
Chu Chu Rocket

Postby SEGA RPG FAN » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:41 am

Greg2600 wrote:I had one question, I have a dreampi, but I would still need a VOIP adapter for the Saturn?

A dreampi compatible solution is in the works, but for now, a VoIP adapter is needed.
PSO Dreamcast 100% Legit: Eda FOmarl, Automaton HUcast

Greg2600
dark night

Postby Greg2600 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 pm

SEGA RPG FAN wrote:
Greg2600 wrote:I had one question, I have a dreampi, but I would still need a VOIP adapter for the Saturn?

A dreampi compatible solution is in the works, but for now, a VoIP adapter is needed.

Ohhh! I actually read another thread and saw I'd still need the VoIP, but if DreamPi is possible I'll likely just wait.