nuQuake v1.2

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: nuQuake v1.2

Postby Anthony817 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:07 pm

I need to port over that Halo Quake mod made for PSP overto this. If we could play that mod online with Quake World, holy shit that would be cool! The singleplayer stuff would be well suited for NuQuake. A guy named R3aper ported it over to Maqaku about 10 years ago, but it suffered framerate issues.

mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Postby mrneo240 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:37 pm

Anthony817 wrote:I need to port over that Halo Quake mod made for PSP overto this. If we could play that mod online with Quake World, holy shit that would be cool! The singleplayer stuff would be well suited for NuQuake. A guy named R3aper ported it over to Maqaku about 10 years ago, but it suffered framerate issues.

"good luck" opengl quake uses a lot more memory than software quake for a multitude of reasons.
i've toyed with it previously and found some working maps and such but the mod i found was so hastily thrown together its not super clear what works and doesnt, as far as maps go

heres my notes: good luck deciphering them. i cant remember

Code: Select all

manic
maze
f
hig
l2mp
l1
links
m
longest
mak
maniac
narrowed
night
pball
prisioner
psp
spiders
startbg
start
startarena
testflood
title
two
wizard
foundation
battlecreek
bk

reload is impulse 13

dc contenders
f
m
mak
maniac
pball
startbg
foundation
battlecreek
bk

mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Postby mrneo240 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:15 pm

Fixed sound engine, cdda and gun clipping

azel
fire

Postby azel » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:31 pm

Amazing work! If my mouse I ordered a month ago isn't lost in the mail I will commit to doing a full playthrough when this is released.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:42 pm

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:45 pm

azel wrote:Amazing work! If my mouse I ordered a month ago isn't lost in the mail I will commit to doing a full playthrough when this is released.

I did end up testing mouse + kbm. It's all working fine.

When you plug in a mouse it auto activates mouse look (shocking) but the keyboard stays as arrows. So I don't really have a way to save multiple settings/options other than using 2 vmus. But if you set up the input stuff and save config it should just work every time.

dave_van_damn
Graffiti Grind

Postby dave_van_damn » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:39 pm

Very impressive! Is there a link to the new version with CD-DA?
aka DavidHK on DC games.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:00 pm

dave_van_damn wrote:Very impressive! Is there a link to the new version with CD-DA?

No

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Postby Anthony817 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:56 pm

mrneo240 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:I need to port over that Halo Quake mod made for PSP overto this. If we could play that mod online with Quake World, holy shit that would be cool! The singleplayer stuff would be well suited for NuQuake. A guy named R3aper ported it over to Maqaku about 10 years ago, but it suffered framerate issues.

"good luck" opengl quake uses a lot more memory than software quake for a multitude of reasons.
i've toyed with it previously and found some working maps and such but the mod i found was so hastily thrown together its not super clear what works and doesnt, as far as maps go

Iight, makes sense. I guess my idea of using this for certain mods to get better performance out of it vs Maqaku is going to be a bit troublesome. That absolutely makes sense though now that you mention it. Not sure why I thought it would be any other way?

Perhaps if we tailor made it for NuQuake within limitations(i.e. stripped out non-working maps) it would be best? After hearing this though, not sure how well it would work with the singleplayer maps in the original PSP version along with all the bots and other entities?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Postby Ian Micheal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:28 am

Maqaku is quite far behind even radqauke 4.9

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”