nuQuake v1.2

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: nuQuake v1.2

Postby Anthony817 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:31 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Maqaku is quite far behind even radqauke 4.9

Yep I agree, but Manoel(AKA Fragger) is my friend. What he has done over the years deserves respect.

However, I like these other ports because they are way more advanced. The things you have done in radqauke alone is vastly superior.

Personally, I just like hardware accelerated ports. ;)

Ivan Guber
letterbomb

Postby Ivan Guber » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:16 am

Game can't load save file (when i try load save file game freeze or it's loading but glitch and you can't play). Tested on GDEMU.
Last edited by Ivan Guber on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Postby Ian Micheal » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:51 am

Anthony817 wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Maqaku is quite far behind even radqauke 4.9

Yep I agree, but Manoel(AKA Fragger) is my friend. What he has done over the years deserves respect.

However, I like these other ports because they are way more advanced. The things you have done in radqauke alone is vastly superior.

Personally, I just like hardware accelerated ports. ;)

by BlackAura » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:12 pm

I don't have a clue what Bero did with his version of Quake, but I never had any screwups with my port (nxQuake, which has no sound or VMU support), and Ian never had the same problems with his (RADQuake).

RADQuake has chunks of code written by Ian, Fragger, a few others, and myself, works better than Titanium Studio's version (except no hardware acceleration, but it's still faster), and I think supports everything except VMU saving. I should probably have a look at it at some point, and see if I can clean anything else up, or add anything else...

Allways gave Fragger (http://www.thefragger.hpg.ig.com.br/index.htm) massive credit load up radquake in help or engine his name is in there I started the port from scatch with out any one for the first version Fragger was part of my team the later port he did is fine but it was because i quit at the time.. He and speud was having a fight about adding changing then having to redo them.. Fragger blamed me for it which it was not check all the release post version on dcemu always gave credit to fragger..

All are not worth bothing with now it's NUquakes time Ive seen the version run with proper sound and cdda that's all that is need from now on

mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Postby mrneo240 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:01 pm

Anthony817 wrote:
mrneo240 wrote:
Anthony817 wrote:I need to port over that Halo Quake mod made for PSP overto this. If we could play that mod online with Quake World, holy shit that would be cool! The singleplayer stuff would be well suited for NuQuake. A guy named R3aper ported it over to Maqaku about 10 years ago, but it suffered framerate issues.

"good luck" opengl quake uses a lot more memory than software quake for a multitude of reasons.
i've toyed with it previously and found some working maps and such but the mod i found was so hastily thrown together its not super clear what works and doesnt, as far as maps go

Iight, makes sense. I guess my idea of using this for certain mods to get better performance out of it vs Maqaku is going to be a bit troublesome. That absolutely makes sense though now that you mention it. Not sure why I thought it would be any other way?

Perhaps if we tailor made it for NuQuake within limitations(i.e. stripped out non-working maps) it would be best? After hearing this though, not sure how well it would work with the singleplayer maps in the original PSP version along with all the bots and other entities?

Generally nuquake will look better because fully hardware rendered at 640x480 but that comes at the cost of more memory for loading models and such.

So it's speed vs graphical fidelity vs memory. It's a delicate balance

mrneo240
Rank 9
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Available to play any game, working on gathering them.

Postby mrneo240 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:14 pm

Ivan GR wrote:Game can't load save file (when i try load save file game freeze or it's loading but glitch and you can't play). Tested on GDEMU.

I'll investigate. It was working at one time.

Anonymouse
Outtrigger
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3, Toy Racer, Planet Ring, Chu Chu Rocket, 4x4 EVO. AlienFront Online, Worms World Party

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 am

I hope we can get a definitive polished version of single player quake. I love this game. I am really geared up for an online version of Quake. This would be MASSIVE because we could make custom maps to play. Amazing.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:12 pm

I'm not gonna finish before I go on my coronacation.
So next release probably next next Monday

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:52 am

Also look at this.

What you're getting
Vs

What you could have instead

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Postby Anthony817 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:05 am

WHAT THE FUCK!? Wow dude that is super impressive!

mrneo240
Rank 9

Postby mrneo240 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:08 pm

Anthony817 wrote:WHAT THE FUCK!? Wow dude that is super impressive!

This video just got released, and idk but to me looks rough.

Also of note, I don't have whatever dreamcast optimized version so this is just the full pc version

Last edited by mrneo240 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”