Baseball 2K2 - game won't load at all!

Technical help for Dreamcast console, accessories and games only. Ask questions and find answers here. For Online help see the Online Forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pinsam
noob

Baseball 2K2 - game won't load at all!

Post#1 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi! Just registered here, maybe there are some knowledgeable folks who might have an idea what's going on. I've got a U.S. NTSC Dreamcast, and an actual GDI disc of World Series Baseball 2K2.

The game loads fine, but whenever I make my teams and start a game (not online, just an "Exhibition" versus CPU), the game proceeds to that "spinning baseball" loading screen...and just stays there? The disc seems like it's spinning, but nothing happens. :(

Oddly enough, I've also got an ISO that I've tried - and it does the same thing!

I've also got NBA 2K & 2K2 and NFL 2K2 (also authentic GDIs) and they play just fine.

Xiden
Developer

Re: Baseball 2K2 - game won't load at all!

Post#2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:46 pm

pinsam wrote:Hi! Just registered here, maybe there are some knowledgeable folks who might have an idea what's going on. I've got a U.S. NTSC Dreamcast, and an actual GDI disc of World Series Baseball 2K2.

The game loads fine, but whenever I make my teams and start a game (not online, just an "Exhibition" versus CPU), the game proceeds to that "spinning baseball" loading screen...and just stays there? The disc seems like it's spinning, but nothing happens. :(

Oddly enough, I've also got an ISO that I've tried - and it does the same thing!

I've also got NBA 2K & 2K2 and NFL 2K2 (also authentic GDIs) and they play just fine.

Sounds like u need a laser adjustment. Try cleaning with isopropyl alcohol first. Otherwise got to you tube and search for laser adjustment dreamcast, its fairly simple to do :)