Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderator: VasiliyRS

DCfan24066
shadow
Posts: 5

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#11 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:15 am

Yeah if this could somehow become a possibility imo it would be one of the coolest unofficial titles to be ported over to the Dreamcast. Absolutely love anything Blade Runner, I'll keep my fingers crossed for this one!

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1250
Contact:

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#12 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:55 am

Ok i will try to get this running no promises
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
runkthepunk
lithium
Posts: 41

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#13 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:14 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Ok i will try to get this running no promises


Thanks Ian!

If you need anything from the original retail CDROM games let me know I can send it via wetransfer or the like.

Rob

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1250
Contact:

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#14 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:56 am

runkthepunk wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Ok i will try to get this running no promises


Thanks Ian!

If you need anything from the original retail CDROM games let me know I can send it via wetransfer or the like.

Rob


I have them problem is i have to install them doing it in a vm because 64bit windows you cant install the game from the 4 cdroms..

after you get the files you have to edit the cdframes to be hdframes etc dont know if dreamcast supports that.. Going to try
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1250
Contact:

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#15 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:12 am

Ok i want list all the programs we need to hack mix files
https://github.com/bdamer/br-mixer
https://web.archive.org/web/20060503091 ... qa2avi.zip

ripped all the files from the OG disks making a new iso gdemu only also using cdframes1 2 3 4 etc as it may work better for the dc build i will let you know..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

DCfan24066
shadow
Posts: 5

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#16 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:36 pm

Any hope for a plain CDI version for those that dont have a gdemu?

User avatar
CrashMidnick
lithium
Posts: 48

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#17 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:00 pm

Ian Micheal wrote:Ok i want list all the programs we need to hack mix files
https://github.com/bdamer/br-mixer
https://web.archive.org/web/20060503091 ... qa2avi.zip

ripped all the files from the OG disks making a new iso gdemu only also using cdframes1 2 3 4 etc as it may work better for the dc build i will let you know..


I tried the original game, placed all CDFRAMES, remove HDFRAMES = games size is too large for GDMEU (>2GB).

I tried to trick the software by puting CDFRAMES 1 & 2 and copying 2 times CDFRAMES1 renamed CDFRAMES 3 &4 as its size is only 68mb. The game boots but crash at the same cut scene.

I tried nightly build = same problem.

I think it is going to be hard to get it working...

User avatar
Ian Micheal
Wazza
Posts: 1250
Contact:

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#18 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:25 pm

CrashMidnick wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Ok i want list all the programs we need to hack mix files
https://github.com/bdamer/br-mixer
https://web.archive.org/web/20060503091 ... qa2avi.zip

ripped all the files from the OG disks making a new iso gdemu only also using cdframes1 2 3 4 etc as it may work better for the dc build i will let you know..


I tried the original game, placed all CDFRAMES, remove HDFRAMES = games size is too large for GDMEU (>2GB).

I tried to trick the software by puting CDFRAMES 1 & 2 and copying 2 times CDFRAMES1 renamed CDFRAMES 3 &4 as its size is only 68mb. The game boots but crash at the same cut scene.

I tried nightly build = same problem.

I think it is going to be hard to get it working...



Glad im not the only one i had the same problem brilliant minds think a like thats just what i did lol one thing we could try soon as it boot you can enter the debugger and enter a scene for it to load to skip parts of the game i have not tryed it yet but there is onscreen keyboard.. worth a try to see if any part of it loads
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeVCRA ... whHyKp6OsA my youtube channel of my projects running :)

https://discord.gg/ZHb4rCq discord for my projects :)

https://twitter.com/IanMicheal10 Reach me on twitter:)

Source code to my projects
https://github.com/ianmicheal :)

User avatar
CrashMidnick
lithium
Posts: 48

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#19 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:29 pm

I typed "help" to see the command lines but unfortunately I did not see anything that tells me how to skip a cut scene... any Idea ?

EDIT : Anyway I created an account on SCUMMVM forums (waiting for validation), I will ask there if they can fix the crash, maybe it is an easy fix.

User avatar
NeoSnk
Doom
Posts: 185
Contact:

Re: Blade Runner on ScummVM?

Post#20 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:31 am

Any news on this? I love the movie LoL, I hope the game can work on DC.
Homebrews + Tutorials + Interviews (Dreamcast/Sega Saturn): https://titangamestudios.com/

I'm Titan_Guy on PSO :)

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron