Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

_Omniscience
noob

Re: Dreamcast Games Translation - Megathread

Post by _Omniscience »

I'm very happy that Rent a Hero No.1 is in English now!

Any news regarding Segagaga and Tokyo Bus Guide in English?

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post by fraggle200 »

for SGGG there's someone who's posted a couple of times on here saying they were working on a translation for it and that, that's all they're going to say on the matter. so they don't get swamped in requests or nagged for updates etc.

bingobongo
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, SOA, JSR :)

Post by bingobongo »

Vix920 wrote:
bingobongo wrote:Are we one step closer to an English translation of Tokyo Bus Guide? I see there's a Chinese version freshly translated (well, from last year)

Along with Densha De Go! 2 - these are two titles I'm really hoping will one day see an English language translation. Both games have detailed English translations in text form over on Gamefaqs and there's no 'story' to speak of - it's mostly the same text over and over again.
Cool! This is great information. But for high-quality translation, it is necessary to take into account many nuances and use the help of qualified translators. This is very important to avoid mistakes. Personally, I have been using this resource for quite a long time https://www.translate.com/services/medical-translation and I am always pleased with the quality and expertise of the translation. I believe that if you're targeting a global audience, professional translation services can help you localize your content, making it more appealing and accessible to people with different language backgrounds.
Sadly, it's explained somewhere here, Tokyo Bus Guide and Densha De Go 2! have some sort of strange character thing going on - and they're actually not as straightforward as we'd hoped. It's a shame because they don't require much in terms of translation - there's no 'story' as they're more simulation than anything else. Also, a lot of the text is already translated in various fan made web guides (gamefaqs has them)

It's not the translation - it's the technical side of things that's the problem. They're not the same as the previously translated games in the way they've been coded.

Maybe one day - I live in hope!

As for Segagaga - I think I've lost count how many people have stepped up to do this one. Fingers crossed someone delivers in the future :)

MrBreaker
noob

Post by MrBreaker »

Rolly wrote:
Krootox1986 wrote:Hey guys I was just wondering if a game has a fan translation on a different platform can it be applied to the dreamcast port? I was looking for a translation of super robot wars alpha but it is only translated on the ps1
If the file structure is similar - you can use it in ports on other consoles. Of course, this is rarely possible 1: 1.
You have to be aware of character limits in files and structure differences.
derplayer wrote:Nice idea and list!

I work myself from time to time on a Panzer Front Translation port from the PS1 version.
As resource, maybe also my Paint.NET PVR plugin is useful for some folks out there ;)
https://github.com/derplayer/PDN-FileTypePVR

Cheers/Pozdrawiam
I'm glad the files came in handy. I keep my fingers crossed for the progress of work on the translation of Panzer Front. I also saw a codebreaker code somewhere to increase the FPS cap. Some nice stuff is on : https://tcrf.net/Panzer_Front_(Dreamcast)
fafadou wrote:I didn't know there is an Eldorado gate translation project.
This is started, but there is a problem with the text that is possibly compressed.

Added new games : Soldier of Fortune, The House of the Dead 2, Red Dog, Expendable ;)
You do a greate work. Thanks

Ro Magnus Larsson
Vagabond
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake 3 arena

Post by Ro Magnus Larsson »

Quien quiere ser Millonario (Español-Pitito 1.0) (GDI-Opt-Megavolt85): https://mega.nz/file/jHBWHRaL#T3ots552G ... reRWreK0wI
Attachments
Who Wants to be a millionaire (Spanish) RD.png
Who Wants to be a millionaire (Spanish) RD.png (153.37 KiB) Viewed 1297 times
Ro Magnus
Argentina.-

ByteComputer78
shadow
Dreamcast Games you play Online: 4X4 Evolution, Daytona USA, Phantasy Star Online, POD SpeedZone, San Francisco Rush 2049

Post by ByteComputer78 »

_Omniscience wrote:I'm very happy that Rent a Hero No.1 is in English now!

Any news regarding Segagaga and Tokyo Bus Guide in English?
I just downloaded Rent a Hero.1, it seems great. I cannot wait to try this, big fan here. I was thinking these days about starting a thread or something like that about the game << Chou-Hatsumei Boy Kanipan: Bousou Robot no Nazo!? (Japan) >> been translated. I cannot able to process it myself, but it seems like a good idea to me. It reminds me of Tokyo Bus Guide, Segagaga and Rent a Hero....

bingobongo
minority
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, SOA, JSR :)

Post by bingobongo »

Still praying for a Densha De Go 2 translation :)

The franchise is still going strong in Japan with the recent (ish) standalone kit/controller for the Bullet train version (although Japan exclusive, as expected)

Neat review of it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VzT2e8rvY0

I'm guessing the PS1 and PS2 versions have never been translated, right?

streeker
fragger

Post by streeker »

Ro Magnus Larsson wrote:Quien quiere ser Millonario (Español-Pitito 1.0) (GDI-Opt-Megavolt85): https://mega.nz/file/jHBWHRaL#T3ots552G ... reRWreK0wI
Would other language packs for this game be possible? Are the Spanish questions taken from the PC (or Playstation) version of the game, or something like that? I'd be very much interested in a German version... :)

bekoruler
noob

Post by bekoruler »

I've started to poke about with Bounty Hunter Sara, considering I have been waiting years for a translation, thought I might as well give it a shot.
If all else fails, at least I will have something for others to work off.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post by fafadou »

I'm sorry, I didnt find the dino crisis patch made by @megavolt85 that's adding analog.

May someone would help me please ?