Discjuggler opens then closes right away

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Arsenic
shadow

Discjuggler opens then closes right away

Post by Arsenic »

Hello everyone, I've been trying to use Discjuggler 6 to burn .cdi's. The real padus website seems to have gone under, so i got the demo off of archive .org, and a full version from user mistamontiel.

The demo version opens to a popup talking about the benefits of a full version. After clicking "ok" Discjuggler closes.

The full version from mistamontiel opens to a window asking for a username and serial key. No matter what key i put it, or if i simply hit cancel to get into "evaluation mode" Discjuggler just opens then closes right after.

I've looked up fixes and they all reference a "you pc needs to reboot" popup that i just do not get when running the program.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of problem?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: Discjuggler opens then closes right away

Post by Ian Micheal »

what version of windows your using as demo works perfect for me on windows 7 64bit

Arsenic
shadow

Post by Arsenic »

sorry about that i must've deleted the part where i said that.

Its Windows 10 64 bit and the full DJ6 from mistamontiel has a "WIN_10" registration file.

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post by Ian Micheal »

Maybe it's not finding any drive i dont never had a problem with it can even use it on wine on linux
bandicam 2023-09-09 19-58-06-981.jpg
here is the version i use

Arsenic
shadow

Post by Arsenic »

My usb discdrive is currently in the mail so maybe it does need one connected to start?

Thank you for Showing the exact version that works.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Errythan except Tetris o.0

Post by mistamontiel »

The win10 reg file is what unlocks it

Arsenic
shadow

Post by Arsenic »

I didnt know that a reg file was something that i could run, sorry about that.

However it does still just open then immediately close itself, is that something you have encountered and overcome?

Thank you for letting me know about the reg file.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post by mistamontiel »

I took a quick look my Cdj.exe is set to run as administrator

It's been such a while when I first needed to Windows 10, I extracted to Program Files (x86)\DiscJuggler like the installer does (I doubt matters where resides)

There is ImgBurn too that on my end makes everything else 4x burn perfect. I *think* I'm the only one whose both Dreamcasts demand fast 24x burns and I have tried them both speeds in ImgBurn and they'll hardly boot if @ all

EDIT: I don't know if demo attempt interfering, right uninstall that demo and try extracted full DiscJuggler once again

Arsenic
shadow

Post by Arsenic »

I deleted the demo, extracted to programfiles(x86), and ran as admin but it still opened then closed right away.

I read that the new versions of imgburn have adware in them now, but apparently some sites don't have adware on it? Do you know if the version on Dreamcast Live is one of the clean versions? Reading this was the main reason i wanted to get discjuggler working.

Sorry about all the questions, ive never interacted with these programs before and couldn't find the answers online.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post by mistamontiel »

I never saw adware maybe a box to untick but you can get DCLive's since it comes with the files for the ImgBurn I think root directory to enable CDI support

ImgBurn is far straight-forward there are no settings to adjust