Redump2CDI - Convert Redump CD bin/cue to CDI

Place for discussing homebrew games, development, new releases and emulation.
|darc|
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online v2

Redump2CDI - Convert Redump CD bin/cue to CDI

Post by |darc| »

Hi all! I just finished writing a program you may all be interested in.
Here's a beta version of Redump2CDI (win/mac/linux binaries included). Converts multisession CD/MIL-CD Redump Dreamcast bin/cue to CDI (CD, NOT GD-ROM images).

The Redump format was created for superior archival purposes, but no software can burn them and very few can open them. This makes images stored in this format more accessible.

https://dreamcast.wiki/Redump2CDI

-drez01-
Tank Jr.
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena

Re: Redump2CDI - Convert Redump CD bin/cue to CDI

Post by -drez01- »

This is HUGE! Thank you so much for this! I was finally able to RIP Redump's Sega official mill CD's with this! Many thanks!

ateam
DC-Talk Addict

Post by ateam »

This is truly awesome! It's a big deal for long-term preservation/accessibility in a format not restricted to MODE or emulators.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MastaG
BFG-10K

Post by MastaG »

So which games are in redump cue/bin format?
Can I use it to rip and convert my purchased discs of Intrepid Izzy and Postal to cdi, so I can play them from the GDEmu?

ateam
DC-Talk Addict

Post by ateam »

MastaG wrote:So which games are in redump cue/bin format?
Can I use it to rip and convert my purchased discs of Intrepid Izzy and Postal to cdi, so I can play them from the GDEmu?
You don't need this tool to rip your own indie games to CDI. DiscJuggler can do that by itself, and yes, the resulting CDI is compatible with GDEMU.

This utility is for taking Redump rips of Dreamcast CD-ROMs (i.e., unlicensed software or SEGA's own multimedia MiL-CDs) and converting them to CDI format.
Find me on...

DreamcastForever.com
GitHub
Reddit
SegaXtreme
Twitter
YouTube
• Discord: derek.ateam

MoeFoh
Outrun

Post by MoeFoh »

Will this convert mil-cd bin/cue in data/data format? In cdda audio/data format? In audio/data format where the 2nd session does not begin at lba = 11,702?

Edit: darc's response from reddit:
"Yes, yes, and yes -- as far as I know, it should convert all of the currently existing CD-based discs in Redump at this time.

I haven't tested with discs that have more than 2 sessions or have more than 2 indices per track, but there are none that exist in Redump and I don't believe any pressed discs exist like that at all. But it's an edge case I'll address later that I don't think any users need to worry about now."
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post by SMiTH »

Thanks darc.
I was finally able to extract the ip.bin from Heartbreak Diary MILCD using your Redump2CDI tool.
The ip.bin that was modified and used for bleem beta.

Maybe some1 should extract the 1MILSFD.BIN, 2MILPASS.BIN from each official MILCD to see if there are different versions of these files or possibly unencrypted versions?

If 1MILSFD.BIN, 2MILPASS.BIN were unencrypted you could then use ginsu or create a stand alone sfd player to make homebrew milcd video disks.
Homebrew MILCD video disks would be less complicated to create if these files were unencrypted.

mofoka
noob

Post by mofoka »

I've downloaded the .exe for windows and it doesn't start up even in Admin. Could anyone give me a hint what I'm missing?
Fresh into DC, I'm missing my NAOMI2 so she is my new pride and joy!

-drez01-
Tank Jr.
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Quake III Arena

Post by -drez01- »

It is a command prompt program. There are many tutorials on how to use Windows CMD on YouTube

mofoka
noob

Post by mofoka »

Okay thank you. I found this line from Darc's link. It all makes sense now :)

redump2cdi -i "My Favorite Game (Unl).cue" -o myfavgame.cdi
Fresh into DC, I'm missing my NAOMI2 so she is my new pride and joy!