Atomiswave CDIs without DreamShell - How were they made?

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

TEN☆TEN
noob
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None, but playing PSO online one day would be fun.

Atomiswave CDIs without DreamShell - How were they made?

Post by TEN☆TEN »

Maybe YZB, MegaVolt or someone can help with these questions...

While I understand using CDIs straight-up (by this I mean without DreamShell's interface) with CD-Rs is not very practical, I'm still interested in working with them. I'm in the process of trying to figure out how these CDIs were made, and it looks like there are a few equivalents between the structure of the GDI versions of games and their CDI counterparts.

I have a Kenju CDI and GDI which I will use as reference here. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I gather...
-track01.iso = IP.bin (same info between hex codes)
-track02.raw = 0GDTEX.pvr (I have my doubts between these files in particular)
-track03.iso = 1.0 (strange file with no real extension. Is it the game ROM itself?)
-track04.iso = 1ST_READ.BIN (hex code looks the same)

(GDI files are left, CDI are right. The .gdi file itself is worthless in this context.)

Is this correct? Is there any real code that differentiates these GDI files from the CDI ones other than their names and extensions?

Also, whenever I try and rebuild these Atomiswave CDIs, they never seem to load on Flycast, the emulator I usually have no problems running AW-to-DC with. Am I missing any files in the CDI structure when I rebuild them in BootDreams? Right now, I'm not changing any files, just taking them out and rebuilding the CDI to test. There are only the mentioned four files in the structure, right?
"Talk about low budget flights, no food or movies... I'm outta here!"