on sega of japan there is no wii u link =)

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Re: on sega of japan there is no wii u link =)

Post by Mephiles550 »

"SEGA has indicated that they are abandoning all 3rd party boxed support in the second half of next year, they will only support DLC,PC games and mobile games, with KIDSPAD set to be unveiled soon and Super System launching next year, this report doesn't add up.[/quote]"

I HAVE a problem with this rumor. I can understand PC and mobile(mobile as in Iphone/Ipod/Android ext)But why DLC on other consoles and why would they still MAKE software on the 3ds and NPG/vita? TO make money? I kinda guess it would work but this is the oddest move any console maker could do...
Last edited by Mephiles550 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

craziestrufis
Graffiti Grind

Post by craziestrufis »

Mephiles550 wrote:
HanedaFGN wrote:This should not be surprising. Nintendo doesn't even have a Wii U section on their site. It's only on their E3 page.

Sega shall support the Wii U. Our sources indicate that a Wii U exclusive Sonic game is in development that will be in a similar vein to the storybook titles for the Wii. We expect it to launch alongside the console and unveil at E3 2012.
Uh...arn't the storybook series cancelled? So this isnt the 3rd installement to the series or the storybook series itself just got a REBOOT?

Either way I hope it will just be story wise and not use the same engine that Secret rings/black night had. If not then...
sonic and secert rings sucked and the sonic and the black night was tarable sonic gen is going to kiss ass btw i love the dark vater pitcher its funny :lol:
Last edited by craziestrufis on Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mephiles550
letterbomb
Dreamcast Games you play Online: none except sonic adventure. I'm still a huge sega fan!

Post by Mephiles550 »

craziestrufis wrote:sonic and secert rings sucked and the sonic and the black night was tarable no a fens sonic gen is going to kiss ass
no offense man :) I dont plan to play again or buy secret rings/black night.

ya Im REALLY looking forward to sonic generations! not because of the game itself but because of story involving classic sonic! I'm wondering how C. sonic turned to be M. sonic and maybe It might even make the sonic fan(tards)boys to stop bitching all the time :lol:

REALLY looking forward to both gameplay styles, modern especially!

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles. According to SonicStadium and TSSZ news, SEGA Mexico claimed that it would be for the regular Wii not the Wii U. SonicStadium is usually 100% accurate in getting out information on Sonic games in development, its never vague for them. They usually know all the details. They leaked out Sonic and The Secret Rings in
November 2005 just before it was annouce as "Sonic Revolution".

Also, Nintendo said that they were launching Wii U in the first half of 2012, how would it be a launch title if Haneda's source said the game would be unveiled at E3?By then the Wii U will already be out.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Mephiles550 wrote:"SEGA has indicated that they are abandoning all 3rd party boxed support in the second half of next year, they will only support DLC,PC games and mobile games, with KIDSPAD set to be unveiled soon and Super System launching next year, this report doesn't add up.
"

I HAVE a problem with this rumor. I can understand PC and mobile(mobile as in Iphone/Ipod/Android ext)But why DLC on other consoles and why would they still MAKE software on the 3ds and NPG/vita? TO make money? I kinda guess it would work but this is the oddest move any console maker could do...[/quote]

If you go to trademarkia.com, and type "KIDSPAD" it will show up as a record. The mark was filed earlier this year.

HanedaFGN
shadow

Post by HanedaFGN »

I shall address as many points as I can from the preceding points.

1. We have not posted news for a long time because our sources were questionable. This one is definitely to be trusted and he has provided us with proof of employment. I cannot share more than this for obvious reasons.

2. When I say "in the vein of" the storybook series, I meant that these will be developed for only the Nintendo console, and they will NOT be main series titles.

3. There is no such thing as Sega Mexico. I'm surprised that you were duped by such a fake rumor, MrSega. Sega Corporate's site shows ALL of Sega's international headquarters. As you can see, they have three: North America, Europe and the main headquarters in Japan.

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

ya I know pretty much every thing about kidspad like how its supposed to have more graphical power then the 3ds and even the npg and that it might have a very similar design to the the I-pad. No offense but your avoiding the other question said on purpose or not. Why would Sega work for OTHER companies while they have their own console and portable? (Neptune/Segadrive and kidspad)

My memory might just be bad but on segaleaks and FGNonline didnt zach/heneda/brian say that they would be working Nintendo's, and Sony's? (and possible Microsoft if they make one and others.)

I read the TSSZ/Stadium article a while back also. Idc if it is a Wii or wii u title as something tells me that their will be something SONIC related on the wii U. A port of the classics or a brand new game. I just dont care for the idea in GENERAL. Also thanks for telling me about sonic revolution! I always thought it was always pre-names sonic wildfire :lol:

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Haneda, they might have been confused with SEGA Spain or from a Brazillian source , but sonicstadium.org does have an article from late last month that a SEGA Rep claiming to be from Latin America telling them that SEGA was working on a new storybook game for the Wii, he them retracted his statement saying that he misspoke.

Do you have any idea when the KIDSPAD will be unveiled? The deadline to update the mark is August 12. So maybe this month?

Mephiles550
letterbomb

Post by Mephiles550 »

HanedaFGN wrote:I shall address as many points as I can from the preceding points.

1. We have not posted news for a long time because our sources were questionable. This one is definitely to be trusted and he has provided us with proof of employment. I cannot share more than this for obvious reasons.

2. When I say "in the vein of" the storybook series, I meant that these will be developed for only the Nintendo console, and they will NOT be main series titles.

3. There is no such thing as Sega Mexico. I'm surprised that you were duped by such a fake rumor, MrSega. Sega Corporate's site shows ALL of Sega's international headquarters. As you can see, they have three: North America, Europe and the main headquarters in Japan.
thanks for explaining the storybook game!

As for sega mexico It probably exists but its not as well known as SOA, SOE, and SOJ. It is probably a small sega headquarters! they probably have a sega of france, sega of UK, Sega of london, Excetera...

HanedaFGN
shadow

Post by HanedaFGN »

MrSega wrote:Haneda, they might have been confused with SEGA Spain or from a Brazillian source , but sonicstadium.org does have an article from late last month that a SEGA Rep claiming to be from Latin America telling them that SEGA was working on a new storybook game for the Wii, he them retracted his statement saying that he misspoke.

Do you have any idea when the KIDSPAD will be unveiled? The deadline to update the mark is August 12. So maybe this month?
Please fully read my posts before responding and investigate all links. Sega has three international headquarters. Europe (headquartered in the UK), America and Japan. There would be no Sega Spain, nor Sega Brazil. As you should know, Sega partnered with Tec Toy to handle their Brazilian operations. These rumors and articles were likely completely fabricated without a shred of truth.

We at FGN believe the Kidspad is the Korean iPad app that has been seen on this site before. We cannot verify if it is present on the iTunes App Store, as we have no means of searching the Korean version of the site. Our source was unfamiliar with either the trademark or the iPad app. It is possible they were considering an American release of the app, which fell by the wayside.