Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Hiryosuke
Dead House

Re: Have any rumors in this forum ever come true?

Post by Hiryosuke »

If I'm not mistaken NEAR is the gps activated social thing for the playstation vita...as I've said before sony pretty much has the playstation name in a chokehold meaning no one is dumb enough to try and rip that name off so they can start work on the next console without issuing patents meaning they can keep more ppl in the dark so they're ideas don't get hacked...believe it or not nintendo stole the idea for wii from a sony press cinference back in umm 2000-2001? U can youtube it...or better yet I'll post a link...but that aside considering nintendo cashed in heavily in an idea they scrapped I can see y they wouldn't want anyone to know whats goin on with they're next box...

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@Logic. I would agree that this report is a mere "rumor" & therefore should taken with a grain of salt. As far as I'm concerned, this rumor really doesn't make alot sense. Based on the many reports I've heard & the many sources, Mircosoft doesn't plan on launching Xbox Loop until the first half of 2013 but they definately have big plans for E3 so they can steal Nintendo's thunder. Plus, 360 games are scheduled for release throughout this year, and we both know Mircosoft doesn't like supporting 2 consoles.

The PS4 rumor sounds like wishful thinking to me. We both know Sony's track record when it comes to "Playstation". If there's a Playstation console in development, its name is usually on file and is trademark documented for a few years. Considering that "NEAR" was just filed last summer, its pretty early in development.

Looking over Sony's patents from the past few years, there's not one that would to suggest that they have even been working on a successor.

The patent with relevance is the 4 CELL patent issued in 2010. But that would suggest that they are upgrading PS3 not building a new console.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Hiryosuke wrote:If I'm not mistaken NEAR is the gps activated social thing for the playstation vita...as I've said before sony pretty much has the playstation name in a chokehold meaning no one is dumb enough to try and rip that name off so they can start work on the next console without issuing patents meaning they can keep more ppl in the dark so they're ideas don't get hacked...believe it or not nintendo stole the idea for wii from a sony press cinference back in umm 2000-2001? U can youtube it...or better yet I'll post a link...but that aside considering nintendo cashed in heavily in an idea they scrapped I can see y they wouldn't want anyone to know whats goin on with they're next box...
From what the trademark description suggests, it may also be used as a console name.

When it comes to Playstation, Sony is not good at keeping secrets. Playstation
domain names are always filed a few years in advance. The original "Playstation" was filed in 1992. Playstation 2 was filed in 1997. Playstation 3 was filed in late 1999!

Logic
core

Post by Logic »

Browsing around I found this:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=D7f8AQ ... ertainment

It's awkward to say the least, but it was assigned by SCE and pertains to hardware interactions
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

stu
Feet of Fury

Post by stu »

Comrade Snarky wrote:
Mephiles550 wrote:Wait just a gosh darn second here!

What is this load of bullshit you mention that there will be a PS4?
It was officially confirmed that there wouldn't be one and that-

OH WAIT
…you mean Sony wasn't just going to have the Vita for the rest of their being until the entire Sony conglomerate, one of the largest in the world, collapses under the weight of the losses of the SCE divison?

Seems fishy to me…

:lol:

:lol: :lol:

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Logic wrote:Browsing around I found this:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=D7f8AQ ... ertainment

It's awkward to say the least, but it was assigned by SCE and pertains to hardware interactions
It looks like some sort of "Power Glove" like device for PS3. To be honest, it looks kinda stupid.

everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Post by everynewday84 »

stu wrote:

1 That Sega cannot afford to develop and sell a new game console.
Sega may not be able to but havn't you ever heard of investors? Or loans? :lol:
stu wrote: The only division within Sega-Sammy that is generating profits is the Pachinko business.
Sega Corporation has been posting losses for years.
Citations please? The thing is, I watch multiple sega stocks daily. Most of them are higher now than they were just two years ago...
stu wrote: 2 That there is no article in the mainstream press reporting on a new Sega game console. Prove me wrong and post one if you can
But, what about the sega toilet, the "toylet"? ;)
MrSega wrote: To be honest,
It is good to be honest!
---

Ok, I'm done having fun with the speculation community for now.
Last edited by everynewday84 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post by everynewday84 »

MrSega wrote: To be honest,
It is good to be honest!

Ok, I'm done having fun with the speculation community for now.

Comrade Snarky
Vagabond

Post by Comrade Snarky »

everynewday84 wrote: Citations please? The thing is, I watch multiple sega stocks daily. Most of them are higher now than they were just two years ago...
Pretty much any financials since Sega merged with Sammy show this. Stocks have nothing to do with how the individual aspects of a company perform. Stocks are speculation in a secondary market. If a company is profitable overall, why wouldn't the stock prices go up? Who cares if the pachinko division of a video game company makes the most money? If it makes money, it makes money. If it makes money, it pays dividends. If it pays dividends, people buy the stocks. People buy the stocks, prices go up.

everynewday84
Nemesis

Post by everynewday84 »

Comrade Snarky wrote:
everynewday84 wrote: Citations please? The thing is, I watch multiple sega stocks daily. Most of them are higher now than they were just two years ago...
Pretty much any financials since Sega merged with Sammy show this. Stocks have nothing to do with how the individual aspects of a company perform. Stocks are speculation in a secondary market. If a company is profitable overall, why wouldn't the stock prices go up? Who cares if the pachinko division of a video game company makes the most money? If it makes money, it makes money. If it makes money, it pays dividends. If it pays dividends, people buy the stocks. People buy the stocks, prices go up.
Nice citation :lol: Eitherway, I don't really care, I just know that my sega stocks are doing very well.