Shenmue 3, or a New Sega Console?

This forum is closed. Rumor and speculation topics about future Sega consoles are no longer allowed in any forum section as of 2/22/2012

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Poll: Shenmue 3, or a New Sega Console?

Shenmue 3
20%
New Sega Console
80%

Total votes: 15

Logic
core

Re: Shenmue 3, or a New Sega Console?

Post by Logic »

So once again, it apparently seems SEGA's ever lasting delays may cost them the market.

Project Fiona, Core i7 with a yet to be revealed GPU

The drawbacks are roughly 3 hour battery life, which means playing anything more than 3 hours will require plug in, and possible cost.

Onboard windows 8 will mean it instantly has access to the most popular PC games.

Do I see success? No, it's contestable but it will pave the way.

http://www.geek.com/articles/games/raze ... -20120113/
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

Logic wrote:So once again, it apparently seems SEGA's ever lasting delays may cost them the market.

The drawbacks are roughly 3 hour battery life, which means playing anything more than 3 hours will require plug in, and possible cost.

Onboard windows 8 will mean it instantly has access to the most popular PC games.

Wow a High End PC tablet. Which means it won't come cheap.(Looks at RRP $600-$800, I rest my case.)

Personally, I don't see "Fiona" being a competitor to Androids or as a viable mobile tablet. I see it more as a revolutionary PC consumer product, that has
potenial to completely phase out desktops altogether since desktops are becoming obsolete anyway. Just a thought.

Logic
core

Post by Logic »

MrSega wrote:
Wow a High End PC tablet. Which means it won't come cheap.(Looks at RRP $600-$800, I rest my case.)

Personally, I don't see "Fiona" being a competitor to Androids or as a viable mobile tablet. I see it more as a revolutionary PC consumer product, that has
potenial to completely phase out desktops altogether since desktops are becoming obsolete anyway. Just a thought.
Considering The sales of Apple's Macs are increasing per quarter, one could infer that:
1. Price is steadily become a non issue
2. Traditional desktops will be phased out, not by Tablets, but by AIO computers or Macbook Airs/Ultrabooks. Tablets will eventually do so, but with these 2 things, they still have an uphill battle.

As stated, I believed that Fiona would not storm the market. Simply be used as a stepping stone for others seeking to build upon it
Freedoms:
1,2,3,4. The whole can benefit

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

@Logic. I say your right. MAC sales are gaining momentum on their competitors & have been for 3 years. Apple is becominhg the top premire brand for Desktops.

The idea of a PC tablet itself is very revolutionary if not cutting edge. I agree with you that others will pick up the idea & run with it.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post by Neohound »

Logic wrote:So once again, it apparently seems SEGA's ever lasting delays may cost them the market.

The obvious drawback, to me at least, is the lack of upgradability. This machine could well be partly obselete six months into it's life ? You know what traditional PC gamers are like: Change the CPU, Graphics card, adding more memory each year just to play the latest games on their max settings.........

I've not had a desktop computer for over ten years, they seem archaic to me as I need my computer at all times whilst out and about whether it's work or pleasure. Yes, I have a Macbook Pro *ducks* - I know some of you aren't great Apple fans lol

If a device like the ipad was slightly bigger and ran OSX with all the apps I'm used to on my Mac, I'd snap one up in a flash.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

whats this have to do with sega?
SEGA DOES WHAT NINTENDON'T

everynewday84
Nemesis
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO, Quake 3

Post by everynewday84 »

SEGA-TUDE wrote: I don't think consoles are gonna fad out
And let me guess, the earth is also flat?
;)
This is a message to you:
Do what you love; Love what you do.

MrSega

Post by MrSega »

SEGA-TUDE wrote:whats this have to do with sega?
Its the fact that SEGA has android tablet in development.

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

everynewday84 wrote:
SEGA-TUDE wrote: I don't think consoles are gonna fad out
And let me guess, the earth is also flat?
;)
no the earth is gonna fad out into a smartphone

SEGA-TUDE
dirty sailor

Post by SEGA-TUDE »

MrSega wrote:
SEGA-TUDE wrote:whats this have to do with sega?
Its the fact that SEGA has android tablet in development.
by the time they release it. a new device will be out that tops andriods and tablets. shit apple is probably already done with some new project that every wanabe apple follower is gonna make ther own version. then again apple sent spys to ces to look at ther competition who knows apple ran out of ideas.