What's the worst Dreamcast game?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Maztr_0n
fire

Re: What's the worst Dreamcast game?

Post#51 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:43 pm

Green Ranger wrote:I've never met anybody that liked The Ring: Terrors Realm, including myself. :lol:

honestly, i first heard of it from the Jerma985 Stream, it was hilarious! especially when like 3 characters had the names of Family Guy characters, impossible to take seriously!

if i can get the proper CD setup, i'll burn some of the worst games and post which one was worst imo.
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

Esppiral
BFG-10K

Post#52 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:29 am

mistamontiel wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Undercover_AD2025_Kei

Tryna muster a playthrough alongside this YT. What's awesome is I requested codes in GameHacking.org Discord and wish granted! Movement is dreadful

There is a CDI I held down from way back TiZ if anyone interested

Never heard of it, after watching some play through I think this is going to be my next Dreamcast game, do anyone know if there is an English translation?

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#53 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:56 am

Windows CE has gripped Water Town with it's high volume soundtrack & dodgy action.

Bigger Budget & better Development Team this might had topped Fighting Force 2.

Maztr_0n
fire

Post#54 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:53 am

Maztr_0n wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:I've never met anybody that liked The Ring: Terrors Realm, including myself. :lol:

honestly, i first heard of it from the Jerma985 Stream, it was hilarious! especially when like 3 characters had the names of Family Guy characters, impossible to take seriously!

if i can get the proper CD setup, i'll burn some of the worst games and post which one was worst imo.

update on this, this might take me awhile. i might start around Feb-Mar 2024 at the earliest. Which should also give me enough time to see if anybody else says anything but personally from experience with emulators, worst one i've played is GTA2. I did a review on that actually but TL;DR its a really REALLY rushed port of a decent game but it sucks the life out of you when you try to enjoy it. At least The Ring: Terrors Realm is funny.

BUT NO MORE MESSING ABOUT, when the time comes i will write down every single entry here and try them myself on CD-Rs and perhaps for extra measures, try the GDIs on Flycast. I'll review them here when i'm done. See you in 2024.
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

Snake79
lithium

Post#55 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:11 am

Most of the worst games that I can remember were the lazy ports of PC or PSX games as they were just ported over with little to no improvements, some already a few years old by the time they came to the Dreamcast. Spirit of Speed 1937 springs to mind but there were others just as bad. Graphics and sound were usually quite limited, hardly pushing the hardware, and many had poor controls. I think it's fair to say most of the best games were those developed in house by Sega due to the Naomi architecture used in the arcade.

nextlie
rebel

Post#56 » Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:17 pm

Actually there are a lot of half-baked games but have sence, or they are games rushed from launch or discarded because of the abrupt dead of the system.