Is there a Skies of Arcadia encounter rate mod?

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Taiyaki
noob

Re: Is there a Skies of Arcadia encounter rate mod?

Post#51 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:15 am

Thank you!

Meepmeep189
noob

Post#52 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:56 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to patch the CDI copy of this game? If so how?

I just got my Dreamcast last week and I'd love to play this with the reduced encounters.

Meepmeep189
noob

Post#53 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Edit: Accidental Double Post, please delete.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#54 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 5:54 am

Meepmeep189 wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible to patch the CDI copy of this game? If so how?

I just got my Dreamcast last week and I'd love to play this with the reduced encounters.

You have to replace the 1ST_READ.BIN, and binhack him with the same value as your original .cdi.
But the quality is not good, I don't want to focus on .cdi., a dreamshell sd card readr is cheaper and you can enjoy this game with full quality.

Marshgin
noob

Post#55 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:53 am

ner0 wrote:I was playing this game (USA) early this year in Flycast through RetroArch, I wrote a bunch of cheats for it. The interest may be limited, but I'll attach the cheat file for whomever might want to make use of it.

One other thing, the cheat for the encounter rate was fairly easy to make because it's a counter that starts at a fixed value, which I don't recall at the moment, and decreases with every step/movement the player makes. So if you search for it in memory yourself you need to look for values that decrease after you have moved and increased after you have completed an encounter, the same address is constant throughout the game in both CDs.

This isn't helpful for people using hardcoded cheats in images for an actual console, unfortunately.

Dear sir, I just wanted to thank you for this cheat file, I’m older and don’t have time to get good any more. I found a bunch of other people’s codes and none worked for me on any version of the game.

All of yours work perfect for me, and I greatly appreciate it.

ner0
noob

Post#56 » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:10 am

Marshgin wrote:
ner0 wrote:I was playing this game (USA) early this year in Flycast through RetroArch, I wrote a bunch of cheats for it. The interest may be limited, but I'll attach the cheat file for whomever might want to make use of it.

One other thing, the cheat for the encounter rate was fairly easy to make because it's a counter that starts at a fixed value, which I don't recall at the moment, and decreases with every step/movement the player makes. So if you search for it in memory yourself you need to look for values that decrease after you have moved and increased after you have completed an encounter, the same address is constant throughout the game in both CDs.

This isn't helpful for people using hardcoded cheats in images for an actual console, unfortunately.

Dear sir, I just wanted to thank you for this cheat file, I’m older and don’t have time to get good any more. I found a bunch of other people’s codes and none worked for me on any version of the game.

All of yours work perfect for me, and I greatly appreciate it.

I'm glad that it has been useful to you, I also no longer have the luxury of dealing with encounter rates as high as this game's, and mostly I was just interested in the story anyway.

Holsten
fragger

Post#57 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:01 am

Can i play this hack on my gdemu?
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

pomegd
rebel

Post#58 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:50 pm

Only JP version has been tested.
Only the first battleship have been checked. Therefore, there may be imperfections.

Battle Result Exp,MagicExp,Gold 4X,2X

Code: Select all

track03.bin
find:
09 1F F9 53 19 D1 32 21 22 63 31 84 18 D3 02 23 22 63 3D 50 0C 1F FC 53 16 D0 32 20 16 D2 FC 53

replace 4X(Boss battles are 2X Exp):
08 40 09 1f 19 d1 02 21 22 63 31 84 18 d1 08 40 31 80 32 62 02 21 3d 53 16 d0 08 43 16 d2 32 20

replace 2X(Boss battles are 1X Exp):
00 40 09 1f 19 d1 02 21 22 63 31 84 18 d1 00 40 31 80 32 62 02 21 3d 53 16 d0 00 43 16 d2 32 20

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#59 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:36 am

:o OOOH ! Thank you very much @pomegd

I'll try this this evening.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#60 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:45 pm

The "find" is only one time in the PAL version, I'm not sure to understand what 4X and 2X mean ?...

The "find" is present 4 times in the jap version ?

I'm checking it.

[EDIT]There is only one match, I patch my uncensored released and I try it.
Thanks again for your work :)