Driving Strikers Now Available For Pre-Order

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Re: Driving Strikers Now Available For Pre-Order

Post#61 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:58 am

Nico0020 wrote:My copy showed up last week. Shipped internationally and packaged well. Haven't gotten the chance to open and firing it up, but I'll give it a shot later this week. Can't believe with have our first online indie game at retail, never would have imagined this 20 years ago when everyone KNEW reviving DC games was impossible.

I have no doubts it will show up but just because I spent a lot on it and there's no tracking you kind of left in the dark and just hope it shows up in the mail. People have bought off that website before and got there items, I'm sure I'll get mine

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#62 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:15 pm

Look what showed up today when I go home from work. Plus I got a free game :mrgreen:

E76C63AC-5A82-48E7-83DD-A88C586909A8.jpeg

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#63 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:55 am

Why so many?

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#64 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:22 pm

DCGX wrote:Why so many?

Secret. Maybe a give away

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#65 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:55 pm

Gotcha.

I had a chance to play through the League mode yesterday. I'm a bit disappointed. I wasn't expecting Rocket League levels of fine tuning, but regardless of the play surface, it feels like little tin cars sliding on ice. Acceleration from the analog stick has a ramp up to top speed and can't be controlled. It's hard to gauge depth, which makes trying to do jump shots/blocking nearly impossible. Also, the ally AI is so bad. I played a match to a 4-4 tie, and my ally had all four goals for the opposing team. I wouldn't be surprised if the ally AI scored more against us than seven other teams combined. Because of this, even on the easiest setting, the League Mode is needlessly hard.

It's not all bad news, though the amount of arenas is small, they are all distinct and nice to look at. The music, too, slaps, though the tracks are too short for even a three minute match. I like the different teams and their names, though there isn't enough detail on the cars, and some different skins for the play ball would be cool.

Obviously this game is meant for and will shine in multiplayer. I haven't had the chance, but I imagine getting together with three other humans/friends would be a blast. I'd like more from this game, though it is only $20 with online play, and that's a great deal for a new, 3D Dreamcast game in 2023.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#66 » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:23 pm

DCGX wrote:Gotcha.

I had a chance to play through the League mode yesterday. I'm a bit disappointed. I wasn't expecting Rocket League levels of fine tuning, but regardless of the play surface, it feels like little tin cars sliding on ice. Acceleration from the analog stick has a ramp up to top speed and can't be controlled. It's hard to gauge depth, which makes trying to do jump shots/blocking nearly impossible. Also, the ally AI is so bad. I played a match to a 4-4 tie, and my ally had all four goals for the opposing team. I wouldn't be surprised if the ally AI scored more against us than seven other teams combined. Because of this, even on the easiest setting, the League Mode is needlessly hard.

It's not all bad news, though the amount of arenas is small, they are all distinct and nice to look at. The music, too, slaps, though the tracks are too short for even a three minute match. I like the different teams and their names, though there isn't enough detail on the cars, and some different skins for the play ball would be cool.

Obviously this game is meant for and will shine in multiplayer. I haven't had the chance, but I imagine getting together with three other humans/friends would be a blast. I'd like more from this game, though it is only $20 with online play, and that's a great deal for a new, 3D Dreamcast game in 2023.

To be far its the first of its kind. I'm sure if a sequel is made these problems could be fix. I do agree with you some of its hard and the controls are a bit awkward. It shines in online or local multiplayer. I think this this game just needs some love and support and a second one can be made thats even bigger and better.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#67 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:45 pm

fafadou wrote:
Jako wrote:
fafadou wrote:I said a mistake, for the first time, i have 2€ of taxe :)

TX for the info @fafadou!

If is only that 2€ I'm happy. Last time I paid 20€ of taxes from a... ¡Mega drive mod chip that cost only 12€!. ¡And the chip was faulty too! Hahahha, waste of time and money. :-p

You can understand why I'm a bit afraid Hahhaha ;-)

Well, be careful of your country too, I paid 2e of customs duty and last bad surprise 5e for french taxe more :roll:
else the postman would get back with my precious game. Fortunately, the game has a low price.

Yes, my game arrived the last week and was 8€ to pay to the postman or the same, the game will be returned to the seller hahaha. Is a big rise to the prize. :/
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

Holsten
fragger

Post#68 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:34 am

I pre ordered quite some time ago and have not gotten any news or updates. I am starting to get worried.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#69 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:02 pm

Holsten wrote:I pre ordered quite some time ago and have not gotten any news or updates. I am starting to get worried.

I assume you have an account with them, have you got any emails about it being shipped?

Holsten
fragger

Post#70 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:41 pm

I payed with paypal so i don't have an account. The last email i got have been a few weeks ago that included a digital download.
Holsten knallt am dollsten.