Driving Strikers now Available and Online!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
lozz
core

Re: Driving Strikers now Available and Online!

Post#21 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:51 am

The digital version was released on 7 July. To access it you'll need to log-in to your account on the Wave website, then locate your order which will now include a download link. If you ordered without creating an account, then you'll just need to create one and ask Wave to add your order to the new account.

runkthepunk
Doom

Post#22 » Thu Jul 13, 2023 2:45 pm

lozz wrote:The digital version was released on 7 July. To access it you'll need to log-in to your account on the Wave website, then locate your order which will now include a download link. If you ordered without creating an account, then you'll just need to create one and ask Wave to add your order to the new account.

Oh right I had no idea! I do have an account but might have preordered this game as a guest checkout

Thanks for the info

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#23 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:31 pm

Thanks to Scrivani I am now able to host games. Big up's to Scrivani

AC84D01E-876F-4562-BFCA-B7C4B76A6768.jpeg

galaxygod
core

Post#24 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:50 pm

galaxygod wrote:Having trouble getting driving strikers online, I’m able to connect with other games but driving strikers gets to ‘logging in with user’ and I even show up on dreamcast now for a second but it seems like the user login fails every time. Ive tried dreampi and pc to dc but I’m not even reaching the reality jump login screen

So I’m able to connect and play the game but only if I reset my WiFi router right before connecting, anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

lozz
core

Post#25 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:05 am

Galaxypod have you check to see if you have an IP conflict?

galaxygod
core

Post#26 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:24 am

lozz wrote:Galaxypod have you check to see if you have an IP conflict?

So my dreampi shows up on my router with the end of the IP being .106 but another ip using .98 at the end also goes on and offline when I turn on/off my pi, is my pi using both IPs?

megavolt85
Developer

Post#27 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:31 am

galaxygod wrote:So my dreampi shows up on my router with the end of the IP being .106 but another ip using .98 at the end also goes on and offline when I turn on/off my pi, is my pi using both IPs?

if the DMZ is set to 98 then this is the problem

galaxygod
core

Post#28 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:36 am

megavolt85 wrote:
galaxygod wrote:So my dreampi shows up on my router with the end of the IP being .106 but another ip using .98 at the end also goes on and offline when I turn on/off my pi, is my pi using both IPs?

if the DMZ is set to 98 then this is the problem

I set my DMZ to .106 and it fixed the 2 IP issue thanks! I’m still having the issue with driving strikers though, I’m able to connect and browse planet web and other games like Dee Dee planet connect without ressetting my router

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#29 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:24 am

galaxygod wrote:I set my DMZ to .106 and it fixed the 2 IP issue thanks! I’m still having the issue with driving strikers though, I’m able to connect and browse planet web and other games like Dee Dee planet connect without ressetting my router

No! Don't do that! Never put the Pi in DMZ! Your problem is that the Pi is getting the .98 IP in the first place. The only reason you would have two IPs on the Pi is if you're using both Wi-Fi and ethernet at the same time. If you're using ethernet, just disable Wi-Fi using the wificonfig utility. I don't know if Wi-Fi is what's using the .98 IP though. The best option is to go on your router and change the DHCP range to exclude .98 (e.g. make it something like X.X.X.2 - X.X.X.97), that way it won't assign .98 to any devices on your network.

Alternatively, some routers have an IP reservation option. If you see your Raspberry Pi listed in the connected devices, you can select it and reserve an IP other than .98 for it.
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

galaxygod
core

Post#30 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:35 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
galaxygod wrote:I set my DMZ to .106 and it fixed the 2 IP issue thanks! I’m still having the issue with driving strikers though, I’m able to connect and browse planet web and other games like Dee Dee planet connect without ressetting my router

No! Don't do that! Never put the Pi in DMZ! Your problem is that the Pi is getting the .98 IP in the first place. The only reason you would have two IPs on the Pi is if you're using both Wi-Fi and ethernet at the same time. If you're using ethernet, just disable Wi-Fi using the wificonfig utility. I don't know if Wi-Fi is what's using the .98 IP though. The best option is to go on your router and change the DHCP range to exclude .98 (e.g. make it something like X.X.X.2 - X.X.X.97), that way it won't assign .98 to any devices on your network.

Alternatively, some routers have an IP reservation option. If you see your Raspberry Pi listed in the connected devices, you can select it and reserve an IP other than .98 for it.

I didn’t do DMZ on the pi I set the DMZ on the router settings, I had set the DMZ on my router to .98 because the connection guide said it was the most likely to be assigned to my pi, after changing that setting the .98 IP doesn’t connect with my dreampi anymore. I can only use WiFi because I’m using a pi zero w, but I had the same connection issue with driving strikers when using pc-dc connection.

Edit:I also was having this problem before I set up DMZ on my router, I just tried that to see if it would help