Driving Strikers now Available and Online!

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Re: Driving Strikers now Available and Online!

Post#31 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:44 am

galaxygod wrote:I didn’t do DMZ on the pi I set the DMZ on the router settings, I had set the DMZ on my router to .98 because the connection guide said it was the most likely to be assigned to my pi

The Dreamcast is always .98 (which is what you want to DMZ). The Pi has a completely different IP which should be something other than .98 or you'll have a conflict. You said you put .106 in DMZ which sounds like the IP of the Pi. You should remove this because that exposes your Pi to the internet where anyone could hack into it (and most likely use it for bitcoin mining lol).
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

galaxygod
core

Re: Driving Strikers now Available and Online!

Post#32 » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:57 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
galaxygod wrote:I didn’t do DMZ on the pi I set the DMZ on the router settings, I had set the DMZ on my router to .98 because the connection guide said it was the most likely to be assigned to my pi

The Dreamcast is always .98 (which is what you want to DMZ). The Pi has a completely different IP which should be something other than .98 or you'll have a conflict. You said you put .106 in DMZ which sounds like the IP of the Pi. You should remove this because that exposes your Pi to the internet where anyone could hack into it (and most likely use it for bitcoin mining lol).

Yeah I disabled DMZ for now until I figure the rest out lol I don’t think that’s my issue, my pi connects to other games but driving strikers needs to be reset to log in with reality jump, I think it dials in because I show up on dreamcast now before it fails to connect, but if I reset my router I can connect and play matches until I disconnect and have to reset my router to get back on