Wireless StrikerDC Controller

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
ncman071
Sunday Shootout

Re: Wireless StrikerDC Controller

Post#51 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:42 pm

nice, i was disapointed with the wired version...trigger just completely broke on me and also the analog stick had issues among other things. i will consider picking up this wireless one and give it another chance

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#52 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:46 pm

ncman071 wrote:nice, i was disapointed with the wired version...trigger just completely broke on me and also the analog stick had issues among other things. i will consider picking up this wireless one and give it another chance

Same thing happen to me with the wired controller. The trigger just snapped off like after 5 presses and I made sure not to press them hard. I have been hearing good things about this wireless one. I'm still thinking about it. I want to see how the retrobit one is first

Blehstor
shadow

Post#53 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Hey. Anyone tried to update the FW? I can't seem to do it.. It doesnt detect any device.. following their instructions to the letter

retro
lithium

Post#54 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:17 pm

Same here... I just received my controller yesterday and nothing happens when I connect it to charge and I am unable to turn it on.

Nothing appears for me in the BxUsbUpdate_V1.02 updater tool when I click the Fresh button.

I have sent emails to Retrofighters and Stone Age Gamer requesting further assistance.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#55 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:59 am

retro wrote:Same here... I just received my controller yesterday and nothing happens when I connect it to charge and I am unable to turn it on.

Nothing appears for me in the BxUsbUpdate_V1.02 updater tool when I click the Fresh button.

I have sent emails to Retrofighters and Stone Age Gamer requesting further assistance.

I had the same issue. Found out that I couldn't charge it with an actual USBC cable like I use with my phone (both ends USB C). I needed to use it with the lower voltage cable that came with it (which is a USBC > USB2.0) Then it actually started charging.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#56 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:56 pm

Yeah I can not use my Samsung 25W USB-C Fast Charging Wall Charger with many devices as it is USB-C to USB-C, such as my Captain 400 gaming headphones, so that is something to keep in mind. I can charge my Quest 2 VR headset with the Samsung quick charge cable, but not disposable vapes, some work some get irrevocably damaged and will not charge if I tried again on other chargers afterwards. So it is something to keep in mind if you also have a quick charger. I imagine the same thing is going on with this. So for my other devices I use a standard wall charger that is the USB-C to USB 2.0 connection.

retro
lithium

Post#57 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:59 pm

Retrofighters responded to me and said this is intended behavior for the StrikerDC.

I find it very peculiar since the Defender, Brawler 64, and Hunter controllers faced no such restrictions.

plasmadc
noob

Post#58 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:32 pm

I got mine a couple days ago and need to press the sync button on the top and then start to get it to actually sync. The PS version works without the sync step.

DreamcastFreak
dark night

Post#59 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:43 pm

https://youtu.be/dxI92yebw3E?si=-tku7Ztl3Zo1aA55

i did a review of my own. I tested it pretty thoroughly.