Wireless StrikerDC Controller

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Wireless StrikerDC Controller

Post#31 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:01 am

Snake79 wrote:I am a bit disappointed in that review as it doesn't go into detail about how the analogue stick and triggers compare to the OEM controller or even the wired StrikerDC. Is it better or the same? It does look like there is a bit of a dead zone on the triggers as they don't register an input on the first couple of mm of travel. How does the rumble compare to the OEM vibration pack? These are important to know if you are considering a purchase.

That guy never goes into much detail in his videos. He just kind of riffs, and what he riffs is what he puts in his videos. Best to wait for a better source to review the controller.

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#32 » Thu Aug 10, 2023 11:46 pm

I'd like to see them make a 2.4G model based on this controller design that is compatible with Windows & Android for emulators. That's something I would buy to get an authentic Dreamcast experience.
Last edited by MoeFoh on Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#33 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:58 am

Is there a UK pre order avalible..? I NEED one
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

lozz
core

Post#34 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 5:24 am

Yeah Spinksy it is available from 8 Bit Mods https://8bitmods.com/accessories/retro-fighters/

The Retro Fighters website has a list of international partners, so I'd recommend that folks outside the US check that out.

spinksy
Prince of Persia

Post#35 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:32 am

lozz wrote:Yeah Spinksy it is available from 8 Bit Mods https://8bitmods.com/accessories/retro-fighters/

The Retro Fighters website has a list of international partners, so I'd recommend that folks outside the US check that out.

Yep all pre ordered thanks 8-)
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

PSO v2 HuCAST lvl.46
name: Predator

Panja0
lithium

Post#36 » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:22 am

Pre-ordered as well!

This video got me excited!

Stu1872
undertow

Post#37 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:05 am

I recently received a BlueRetro Adapter from AliExpress to use with my Dreamcast and an 8BitDo Bluetooth Pro controller. I have used the 8BitDo controller on my switch and PC so i know how it should perform but on the DC it just isn't cutting it for me tbh.

I have been using one of the Retro Fighters Defender controllers (bluetooth version) on my PS3 recently and i have been pleasantly surprised by it.
The battery life isn't the greatest compared to the OEM controllers but the build quality and connectivity has been superb.

Since it has been so good i have decided to pre-order a wireless StikerDC controller. For £40 i think it is worth a punt on it.

law56ker
rebel

Post#38 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:07 pm

dubcity wrote:
lozz wrote:I did a brief post on this for the DCJY. Retro Fighters claimed that the triggers have been redesigned so they are no longer prone to breaking. Proof will be in the pudding I suppose! https://www.thedreamcastjunkyard.co.uk/ ... unced.html

Just read your write up. If the triggers are fixed and build quality is good I might get two. I currently have arcade joysticks and buttons connected to my DC using brook wingman SD in ports 1 & 2. The controller would be nice for ports 3 & 4. Would really like some light guns that work on modern tvs.

I just bought one of these Blueretro adapters from aliexpress! I love it, very affordable, nice options and it covers all four controller ports.

dubcity
Super Sonic

Post#39 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:26 pm

Ian recommends that device too. My dc is in an arcade cabinet. I use joysticks and buttons connected to the brook adapters. The brook adapters have vmu memory in them. The blue retro doesn't have memory yet. Also someone said some games need the vmu in port one to work so you'll have to unplug it for those games.

fraggle200
Graffiti Grind

Post#40 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:41 am

dubcity wrote: The blue retro doesn't have memory yet.

it does now!

Capture.PNG