Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

General Dreamcast discussion applies here. Before posting here please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section to see if your topic would fit better in those categories.

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Forum rules
Please check the other forums in the Dreamcast section before posting here to see if your topic would fit better in those categories. Example: A new game/homebrew release would go in the New Releases/Homebrew/Emulation section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 or if you're having an issue with getting your Dreamcast to work or a game to boot it would go in the Support section: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=42
Maztr_0n
fire

Re: Idea's For A Driving Strikers Sequel

Post#21 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:57 am

alright 1 more thing about the Gridiron football spinoff, if possible i could imagine a Aussie game mode with stylish utes, that might actually fit better with the floaty jumps of driving strikers than the north american gridiron thing, but nonetheless as speculation that would be a fun way to not only put a spin on driving strikers to make it a series, it could also be more than just North American and International football.
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#22 » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:33 pm

Just thought this was pretty cool if you didn't know. Isle of Wight man's car football game Driving Strikers up for award. You can still vote for this game for best Dreamcast indie game here: https://forms.office.com/pages/response ... RZVklHUC4u

IMG_8885.jpeg

Człeko
noob

Post#23 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:57 am

Vote cast. Driving Strikers to victory! 8-)

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#24 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Człeko wrote:Vote cast. Driving Strikers to victory! 8-)

I voted for it and I hope many more do. I really think this game has the potential to be a really great game series and a great online game. Let's take home the gold!

Człeko
noob

Post#25 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:40 pm

It's exactly very good game and latest test with BBA as a host indicate that input lag is then minimal.

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#26 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:06 pm

Also if I haven't mention before but if holiday stage's/arena's were in a sequel the football/soccerball could look like the holidays theme. Like jingle bells for the football instead of the regular football. Then let's say Halloween it could be pumpkins instead of footballs. Also it would be neat if you could change the color of the football/car like the pattern so instead of black and white it could be red and black. Lite blue and black and maybe even a star pattern on the football or it can even look like a Chao egg or a bomb :lol:

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#27 » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:11 pm

Hello I just wanted to bring this up, but I can recall at least 3 times I have played Driving Strikers with a BBA and the game mostly stays stable when played online. How ever, when someone plays the game online with a Modem they have a hard time connecting online and even getting a game going. I have 2 images of the players I played against talking about them having a hard time connecting or disconnecting starting a match or after a match. I can say myself when I tried connect online with a Modem the game froze. If a sequel were to be made this needs to be figured out and a lot of testing needs to be done for the online when played with a Modem to make sure it's stable

IMG_8967.jpeg
Attachments
IMG_8969.jpeg

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#28 » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:53 pm

Just wanted to add here. Just played with Czleko and he was having lag problems. I know the game doesn't run full 60fps when you're not the host but he was lagging bad. He was on flycast so I don't know if it add's to the problem

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_9015.jpeg

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#29 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:55 pm

Let's Go Driving Strikers!

IMG_9469.jpeg

Sonic1994DC
Carnage

Post#30 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:41 pm

I don't think I added this yet but there should be unlockables and achievements. Maybe unlockable stages, cars colors, or designs. Achievements like winning a match in a shutout or doing so random thing. Maybe those achievements can show off how good you are at the game. Like maybe have a ranking for yourself. S, A, B, C, D, E, F, and a hiding rank of SS. Also I'll add on this post since I'm talking how about retro stages inspired by the Master System, Game Gear, Sega Genesis/Mega Drive, 32X/Mega 32X, Saturn, and Dreamcast. I forgot to add this at the very beginning of this post but every game needs some sort of Championship mode and Story mode.